Chameleon watercolor painting

Orchidartist

I have been working on this one for six weeks...all the little scales took me longer than I had thought. I really hope you will enjoy it, and please feel free to give me your honest opinion. I am very open to critiques!!
Thanks for taking a look!
DEEJ

Attachments

• panther6.jpg
    panther6.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 321
I would pay money for that, seriously. GORGEOUS! I wish I had such talent! You definitely have something there. :eek:

Very nice painting...and it looks like he is well fed too by the lil gut going on! Bravo well done artwork!:)

That's beautiful work DJ. I checked out your website too. You are truly talented.

BTW, have you ever checked out the chameleon illustrations of PJ Smit (drawn in the late 1800's). I think you might be able to draw inspiration from them.

Absolutely beautiful! I went to your website and looked at all your pictures, plants, pets, family....beautiful. I hope others take a look at your talent.

Thanks very much :D I'm glad you guys like it!! It is part of my endangered species collection and the second one of Madagascar. Up next I am thinking dart frogs.

Tygerr I will have to google PJ now :)

Have a good one!
DJ

Looks great. Your composition is very nice. I would push the contrast on the chameleon. He could use more darks to increase the volume, espesially around his legs.

Back
Top Bottom