Chameleon twitching

Ayantis44

Hi- I have a 8 month old chameleon. He’s always been healthy & there’s not been anything out of the norm with him. He fell asleep on a plant in my living room & he is twitching his head in his sleep. Does anyone know what it means?

If a chamelon is outside of its cage and the temperature there is cooler than its cage, it could fall asleep during the day while there.
If it's not sleeping during the day when it's in its cage, then I wouldn't worry about it sleeping. However, it would likely be best if it wasn't getting cold out of its cage.

I'd like to see photos of the chameleon and the cage though just to check things out.

Slight OT. Furnace went out (instead of power) last night around midnight. It was cold here, so we were concerned about certain crawling family members (the furry one loves the cold).

Missus noted that at least we could turn on all the basking lights to keep them warm, and my mind immediately went to "No lights at night whatsoever".

The she pointed out (logically) that lights for one night is better than frozen reptiles.

Fortunately I was able to replace the thermocoupler before that became a real issue.
Unfortunately, it gets harder for me each time... :(

Not a herp expert, but have never heard of a reptile twitch due to cold. I have heard of the larger boas (snakes) tighten to warm up eggs without smashing them.
This would be more of a "friction for heat" thing.
I like a puzzle so added my 2 pennies (cents). (y)
I would guess vitamin issue or dreaming (not sure if they dream). Twitching could be mbd or head bobbing during displaying/communicating.
To many possibilities without seeing it.
JMHO

Hi- I have a 8 month old chameleon. He’s always been healthy & there’s not been anything out of the norm with him. He fell asleep on a plant in my living room & he is twitching his head in his sleep. Does anyone know what it means?
Hi- just an update for everyone! This happened at night, he wasn’t sleeping during the day! I’ve been keeping a close eye on him, and everything seems normal- he’s been moving and eating as normal. It must have just been a weird night for him! Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• DC05875E-1B98-4BB5-997F-868461226060.jpeg
    DC05875E-1B98-4BB5-997F-868461226060.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom