Chameleon took a fall..possible broken arm

So last week Renley fell from his free range and landed in an upright position. I did not fully inspect him after the fall I just brought him back to his cage and watched his movements and he seemed to be alright.

Today I was bringing him out to his free range and noticed a bump around his right arm/wrist and decided to touch it to feel for what it might be and it feels like it might be a little bone that was broken from the fall. He doesn't labor that injured arm at all but I'm not really sure what I should do.

The forums are being broken so heres an imgur link to a picture.
http://imgur.com/psKBGgV

His foot is swollen....was it swollen before this?
If you think it's broken then I would him take him to a vet.

His foot never looked swollen to me. Yeah I've got a specific Dr. in mind for this appointment that I will take him to. But there have been times in the past where I have thought his hindlegs were both swollen but that went away and was months ago.

Please answer the questions in the how to ask for help thread at the top of the health forum so we can help you better.

How does it look when he walks on it? You said he doesn't seem to mind but does it look like its dangling or loose at all? Since it looks like it's on a joint it could be a sprain from the fall, just like a human wrist. Hard to tell if it's broken but I say keep a close eye on him until you can get to a vet.

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Panther Chameleon 1yr 4months
• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Everyday
• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Crickets gutloaded with carrots, apples, grapes, sweet potatoes, potatoes and then I mix cricket crack and repashy super gutload and pour it over the fruits/veggies. I get him silks and horns every couple of months as well.
• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?At first I would use herptivite ever two weeks month, calcium with d3 every two weeks a month and then calcium without d3 at every other feeding but he started showing signs of gular edema, so I stopped giving him dusted crickets until the edema went away and then only used calcium plus at every other feeding once the edema went away.
• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?I have a mistking and two little drippers. I see him drink every morning pretty much. The mistking goes off 4 times a day for 2-3 minutes.
• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?Normal fecal only a little dehydrated from me taking him to the east coast this weekend.
• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Before I took him to the east coast he would close one of his eyes at around 5 o’clock while he normally closes both eyes and falls asleep around 7:30. Then he would do this earlier and earlier until one day he did this at 1-2 o’clock. But the thing is he would only do this in his cage. If I were to put him outside on his free range he would show no illness and hang out fine. So from then on if I ever saw him do this I’d just put him outside. Then I ended up going to the east coast and brought him along and set up a temp cage that he stayed outside in for 4 days straight I would bring him in at night though. He showed no signs of illness, I brought him home on Monday and now on Thursday he has swollen limbs again.

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 reptibreeze
• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?Dual fixture 6.0 arcadia 6.5k grow light and two basking bulbs.Every bulb is less than 6 months old.
• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? One hotter basking spot is around 86-89, the other a little cooler 80-85. I set my thermostat at 76F all day then to 74F on some days where its hot. I have a digit thermostat probe.
• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity is always over 60%
• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? He only has a hanging pothos right now. I've been looking for the perfect plant but have yet to fit it. There was a plant in the cage it just got root rot.
• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?Located on a stand in the living room in my apartment, it is somewhat close to an air vent.
• Location - Where are you geographically located? Fort Myers FL!

This is my husbandry info, nothing's changed.
Well yesterday after I touched it a little bit I noticed him only not using it when he was sitting in place. He didnt dangle it over the edge he just sort of held it out infront of him. This morning he's leaving it gripped onto branches.

Back
Top Bottom