Chameleon tongueshot in Slowmotion

nope, its the other way round: Chris' video is like mine, cause mine was done first ;)
Just kidding. Mine is just for entertainment or to make visible what you usally cannot see (e.g. the hit of the tonguetip at a insect). Chris vid shows scientific information regarding his work.

Very nice video, I never get tired of seeing slow motion feeding videos. We recently got a color high speed camera as well so I should be able to post some nice color movies at 3000 fps before too long too.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris

We recently got a color high speed camera as well so I should be able to post some nice color movies at 3000 fps before too long too

Damn, :eek: we need to upgrade, I guess :D

The biggest problem during this videotake was to get enough light. We had two stabilized 800W bulbs in 1m distance to the chameleon, and still the video is very dark. In the back you can see the terrarium with an additional 150W HQI bulb... since each picture is less than 1/1000 sec that was too less light.
The interesting thing is:
We did some further takes outside in the garden, and the natural sunlight was by far brighter than these two 800W bulbs so we had no problem with the light outside... crazy... - This made me pondering about common terrarium-light settings....

However: newer cameras should be more sensitive to light and do much better here.

Back
Top Bottom