Chameleon surgery

Nikicat

My chameleon has been admitted into the vets and may have a possible surgery operation to remove eggs/impaction/poo from her belly, I was just wondering the success rate of chameleon surgery or if anyone has any experience with it as im extremely worried and paranoid about it!! :confused:

Your little girl is on our prayers. I have had several cham surgeries with cyst removal and all have been successful but nothing regarding egg removal.

Last edited:
Thank you, went to see her today but shes really weak, still constipated and gravid, laying on the bottom of the tank with her eyes shut, so not looking good but Im just praying she gets her strength up to actually have the surgery, as I think a weak chameleon going into surgery is never good, but thank you all for your support.

You did what you could. I respect you for bringing your cham to the vet and paying for surgery and not just staying home and trying home remedies. It takes a lot of love to do that, and we could use more people like you around here. Perhaps you should give things some time and try again. Maybe a male would be easier.

Thank you all, I've had time to let it sink in but im suprised how much it can effect you. On further examination the vet said she may have had a problem with her bowels in general, perhaps genetic, she was very small for her age so maybe she just couldnt metabolize anymore, I wish she didnt have to go througth stressful enamas however, felt so sad for her all alone in the vets. I actually have a male chameleon in which iv had no problems with, and I didnt have a problem with my female laying until now, I do hope it wasnt my fault! Thank you for the support.

Here is a little photo of her.

Attachments

• MIDNA.jpg
    MIDNA.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 156
She was beautiful! I am so very sorry about your loss I was really hoping she pulled threw. You are in my thoughts and prayers. again so very sorry for your loss
Linzee

Back
Top Bottom