Chameleon sunkin Eye

Luna

I have a baby chameleon around 4-5 months old and she is eating good but she has mild sunkin eyes :( i put one of her wall plants in the shower and put the shower water bouncing off the wall onto her i got some electro lites and mixed up about 1/3 electrolites and 2/3 water and dripped it on her nose she drank it a little bit but she did drink alot in the shower is there anything else i should do? :(

How do u get water to it besides the shower? And how often do u give it water

Her cage isnt besides the shower i put her inside the shower to help her with dehydration right now and she gets misted every hour for 40 sec

Sry ddnt mean to say that u keep it in the shower at all. It seems u give it alot off water. U should fill out the how to ask for help form. I don't have the link but u can find it if u search for it on the top right hand side of the page. To see what the temp is and see what lights u have to make sure every thing is in order.

Sry ddnt mean to say that u keep it in the shower at all. It seems u give it alot off water. U should fill out the how to ask for help form. I don't have the link but u can find it if u search for it on the top right hand side of the page. To see what the temp is and see what lights u have to make sure every thing is in order.
Sorry didnt meen to come off mean or anything :)
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled , 4-5 months old had it for 3 months
Handling - Every day
Feeding - i offer her 12 crickets a day and every 3 days i dust withminer-all Watering - i use aan exo terra mister every hour for 40 sec
Fecal Description - not been tested yet and is slimy brown and white

Cage Info:
Cage Type - glass 18 x 18 x 24 i use a reptisun 5.0 i did order a 65 gal mesh cage though

Temperature - around 82 average and basking is 95
Humidity- 60-70%
Plants - not yet but am planing on puting a pothos and ficus in new cage
Placement -on my dresser and i live in ohio

Every thing look good. I don't see any thing wrong with ur Care. I can't say any thing is wrong. Just try to keep an eye on it and make sure it's drinking I no my chams won't drink right away. I have a mister go off and I also have a drip steady going threw the day.

you need to lower her basking temp to around 87-90. thats a lil high for a 4-5 month old. If you can, just raise the lights off the cage if they are sitting on it by 3 inches or so.

Water longer. The cage is not that large and you've been keeping the temps pretty high and there are no live plants. It is probably drying out before she gets to drink enough.

Thanks You guys are life savers :D i rose the light about 4 inches up (i just put 4 pop cans under it) and i have seen a slight change in her eyes sence yester day i started showering her i am also heading to lowes to get myself a ficus and pothos for her new cage that should be here in about 2- 3 days

Back
Top Bottom