Chameleon sleeping

fshelton2002

Does anyone else's chameleon like sleeping on their thermometer? Mine like to sleep on it every night and I'm worried about it falling while he's sleeping as he's gaining weight and getting bigger.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230525_174744_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230525_174744_Gallery.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Screenshot_20230525_175254_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230525_175254_Gallery.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I think he has outgrown his cage! Needs a 24" x24" x48". Chams tuck themselves into the oddest place to sleep. Something that allows them a firm grip with some cover. Mine tries to squeeze into places that have branches above his head. If you are worried about it falling, secure it better. When they sleep they get cold and their joints stiffen up which makes a quick get away difficult. Maybe your cham thinks that since it is an unnatural object, predators will be affraid of it. Then again if there is a little warmth coming off a battery, he is going for that. There is nothing wrong with it so dont worry.i do suggest that you have Beman go over your husbandry as it may be time for an upgrade. she can help save you a fodtune on getting it right the first time!

I’m also concerned about all the scratches (skin bruises) on him. That’s not normal and meaning there’re some things in his too small enclosure that scratch him.

I’m also concerned about all the scratches (skin bruises) on him. That’s not normal and meaning there’re some things in his too small enclosure that scratch him.
The scratch are because he got attacked by a cat a couple weeks ago, but he's been to the vet and healing very well

I think he has outgrown his cage! Needs a 24" x24" x48". Chams tuck themselves into the oddest place to sleep. Something that allows them a firm grip with some cover. Mine tries to squeeze into places that have branches above his head. If you are worried about it falling, secure it better. When they sleep they get cold and their joints stiffen up which makes a quick get away difficult. Maybe your cham thinks that since it is an unnatural object, predators will be affraid of it. Then again if there is a little warmth coming off a battery, he is going for that. There is nothing wrong with it so dont worry.i do suggest that you have Beman go over your husbandry as it may be time for an upgrade. she can help save you a fodtune on getting it right the first time!
I'm trying to find a good hybrid tank for him, that it's not horribly expensive. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom