Chameleon sleeping near bottom of cage

Yes I have multivitamins and repti vitamins, repticalcium is what I use daily for her crickets, and I gutload them with carrots. And ok thanks! I’ll buy the reptibreeze XL and how do I do a fecal test? I’m guessing I take it to a reptile vet? And I can’t take her outside because all the fires in California right now it’s too Smokey I wouldn’t want her getting sick. And she’s 5 months when would she be ready to lay eggs? Also she’s been very dark lately Is the lamp not hot enough or is she just stressed getting use to her new environment? Thank you for all this info it’s a lot of help!
You should gutload with more things than just carrots. I’ll attach an image for that. What else do you feed her besides crickets? Variety is key. I forgot about the wild fires. Females can start as soon as 5 months to lay their first clutch. She’s most likely dark in color due to adapting to her new environment. You don’t want her tempature to warm because it contributes to making her lay more eggs. Also, what is your feeding schedule?

Attachments

• 84E4F22D-983A-4ACC-8DDB-DF65F7D529F5.png
    84E4F22D-983A-4ACC-8DDB-DF65F7D529F5.png
    597.7 KB · Views: 86
I feed her crickets and then maybe some super worms once every couple days:). I feed her about an hour after she wakes up and again about an hour before she sleeps. What else should I feed her besides crickets?

I feed her crickets and then maybe some super worms once every couple days:). I feed her about an hour after she wakes up and again about an hour before she sleeps. What else should I feed her besides crickets?
Ok I know I’m not the person you are asking this, but..
I believe you are supposed to feed earlier in the day, because then they can digest easier. So maybe switch when you feed her to only the mornings.

second, you can feed her roaches, (they hold a gutload really well) silkworms, sometimes hornworms, (just always hand feed them or put them in a slippery cup or something so they can’t grip to be safe: they have a very strong grip and can damage a chameleon’s tongue) mantis sometimes, and there are lots others, there’s also a chart, but I don’t know how to find it, (can someone post it on this thread??)

Here you go.
CA0140D4-4AC9-4081-A734-8009C7488EF6.jpeg

I’m going to say your lady is brown because she’s not happy in her small enclosure. Once you get her set up properly in her XL Repti Breeze, her color will probably change.
She is nearing her maturity and you should start planning for having a lay bin in her enclosure permanently. Is just a plastic bin at least 10” long/wide and deep. Fill to about 8” with washed play sand, keeping it moist enough to hold a tunnel. You will have ‘warnings’ of her readiness. She’ll first become receptive...she’ll be showing all of her pretty colors and patterns and become very restless. Anywhere from a couple of weeks on after that she’ll start getting plump and you may see little egg lumps near her back end.

Ok thank you guys so much! I finally got a nice plant for her to sleep on and she loves it! One more question, she seemed kinda stressed lately (dark coloration) and her poop was soft and smelly, I couldn’t smell it outside her cage but when I put it close to my nose it smelt really bad. I dust her crickets with repti-calcium every day. She eats about 10-15 daily and her pee is almost fully white so she’s very hydrated. Should I be concerned?
If you have never had a fecal done I would just to make sure. My chams smelly poo tipped me off to get one and he had coccidia.

Ok I feed her around 9:30 and before I go to work at 2pm, I came home today and she was basking, pretty bright green color with white streaks. But I noticed she’s kinda scared of me. When I came home and laid down on my bed she turned dark and climbed the screen to the bottom of her cage, is this normal? Her poop is nice and firm and she’s hydrated which is good so she’s probably just not use to me yet? What do you guys think? I ordered her new cage so she should be way less stressed once it arrives.

Good that’s she’s basking. Just feed for all at once so she has time to digest before lights out. So in your case feed at 9:30am. There natural instinct is to not like people, she thinks you’re trying to eat her. Building trust is hard but in the end it’s a great thing to have. Will she eat of your hand? Good, once you get her new cage setup she’ll be less stressed and more safe. Have you got any live plants? Then, last have you set up her laybin?

Yeah I feed her about 10 medium sized crickets at 9:30-10am then another 10 at 2pm I read you should feed them twice a day? If that’s wrong I’ll feed her 20 at once and yes she eats right from my hand no problem but she’s a little scared of me still if I go walk around or look at her? and yes I have a tropical hibiscus in her enclosure and no I haven’t set up her lay bin yet I need to get some sand from Home Depot. One more thing, during the day she hangs out in the middle of her cage below her light under some leaves but is still a healthy color, bright green. Is this normal?

Yeah I feed her about 10 medium sized crickets at 9:30-10am then another 10 at 2pm I read you should feed them twice a day? If that’s wrong I’ll feed her 20 at once and yes she eats right from my hand no problem but she’s a little scared of me still if I go walk around or look at her? and yes I have a tropical hibiscus in her enclosure and no I haven’t set up her lay bin yet I need to get some sand from Home Depot. One more thing, during the day she hangs out in the middle of her cage below her light under some leaves but is still a healthy color, bright green. Is this normal?

I never split the feedings up. I would put the food in the enclosure first thing and take out any left over feeders when you’re about to go to bed.

Her below the light under leaves is fine. They move around all day. Sometimes they’re very hard to find too!

I never split the feedings up. I would put the food in the enclosure first thing and take out any left over feeders when you’re about to go to bed.

Her below the light under leaves is fine. They move around all day. Sometimes they’re very hard to find too!
Ok and also she’s really dark during the day is this normal?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom