Chameleon sleeping during the day. I think she might be sick (Please help)

I got the UVB bulb I was told to get by someone on here. I also have her heating bulb. so I’m a little confused still. So I need a bigger uvb bulb? It’s the 5.0 UVB but I have the smaller size.
I know hun. But you misunderstood... Yes it is the 5.0 but you bought a compact florescent bulb not a 5.0 T5HO bulb.

I got the UVB bulb I was told to get by someone on here. I also have her heating bulb. so I’m a little confused still. So I need a bigger uvb bulb? It’s the 5.0 UVB but I have the smaller size.

This is what you were told in this thread and it is not what you purchased: "You need a regular incandescent household lightbulb for heat and a separate linear light for UVB, like a reptisun 10.0 or arcadia 12%". You do not have the right bulb. If it fits in a dome, it is not the right bulb.

The word "linear" is the key here

I honestly feel like I’m getting no help on here and some people are trying to be nice. But some of you are a little contradicting and mean. I’m only 15 and I’m trying to listen to everything everyone’s telling me but it just seems y’all think I can’t do what’s best for my chameleon. I think I’m just going to leave the group and I’ll figure things out on my own. Thanks for the people that were nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 53
I honestly feel like I’m getting no help on here and some people are trying to be nice. But some of you are a little contradicting and mean. I’m only 15 and I’m trying to listen to everything everyone’s telling me but it just seems y’all think I can’t do what’s best for my chameleon. I think I’m just going to leave the group and I’ll figure things out on my own. Thanks for the people that were nice.
Tbh, they’ll are helping. Nothing was contradictory.

No one is being unkind and no one is contradicting themselves... We are simply telling you the honest truth that the UVB bulb you have is not useful for chameleons. If it is not changed to the correct light, then your chameleon will get metabolic bone disease and die. I know you're young. I know this can be confusing. But everyone is just trying to help you and we need you to read our suggestions very carefully to make sure you get the right equipment for your chameleon.

And before I go. I would like to point out. I’m not a liar. I guessed with my hands without looking at her cage when I sent her dementions. I would never intentionally lie when it could hurt my chameleon.

Ok sweetheart breathe... I know your frustrated because you thought you had the right thing.... It is ok.. And easily fixable.
This bulb is the wrong one.... Yes it is a uvb but it is the incorrect type of uvb bulb. This will not be ok for her.
image.jpg

You want one like this below. It is long and goes across the whole cage... It will push light farther and wider then what you have. This is why we use these. They are called T5HO fixtures and linear t5 bulbs. The 5.0 is correct just not the bulb type or fixture type.

LF-71_ReptiSun_T5_HO_Terrarium_Hood.jpg

I don’t want to sound like a broken record but as everyone has stated you need a 5.0 reptisun T5HO LINEAR BULB. This bulb needs to be put into a T5HO LIGHT FIXTURE. The double dome fixture you have now can be used for a basking fixture with a regular incandescent house bulb but is not sufficient for your uvb needs. I hope you stay with us we really enjoy helping new keepers like yourself to get on the right track for correct husbandry. We might come off sometimes sounding rude but we are just passionate and want to help. The links below are exactly what you need for your uvb lighting. The size of the fixture depends on your cage dimensions. If your cage is 24 inches wide or long get the 24 inch fixture with a 22 inch bulb etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-26053-Reptisun-Terrarium/dp/B00AQU8F2O

https://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Reptisun-T5-Ho-Fluorescent/dp/B00AQU8GF0

E5B8B004-643D-4644-ABF5-75FB5316A352.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom