Chameleon skin cancer

Cameronjb

So I my chameleon just died and he has a better enclosure then my other chameleon so I want to move him into the better enclosure but looking at picture's it looks like skin cancer do you think it would be ok to put him in there?

So I my chameleon just died and he has a better enclosure then my other chameleon so I want to move him into the better enclosure but looking at picture's it looks like skin cancer do you think it would be ok to put him in there?
I'm not 100% sure the reason he died he had a few big white spots but I just thought it was a cricket bite but I guess not

Do you have pics of the spots.... The biggest risk is was it contagious and is your other cham at risk.

This one was a long time ago but it's the best one I have I'll try to find more

Attachments

• 20210331_145758.jpg
    20210331_145758.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 85
This is also like 4 months old I don't have any more close ups

Attachments

• 20210121_140853_05.jpg
    20210121_140853_05.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 88
So you think I should just throw away everything and bleach the enclosure then let it sit for a few days? The enclosure is about 2' bigger
No, I am not saying that. I do not know how the virus transfers. I do not know if the virus is in the chams waste or if it has to be direct contact with a cham to a cham. Wait for people like @kinyonga and @JacksJill to give you feedback. I am saying to me it looks like papiloma but let others chime in first.

I am so sorry for your loss! If I were in your position I would disinfect what I can in the enclosure and let it sit for awhile before adding a new cham into it. But that is depending on how the disease was contagious. I agree with Beman to wait for more experienced cham owners to chime in!

I'm not sure either about how the papilloma is transferred or what would kill off any of it that could be in the cage.
I'm pretty sure that if you clean the cage with a proper cleaner you should be able to use the cage, but personally, I would throw away everything like plants and sticks, etc.

I'm not sure either about how the papilloma is transferred or what would kill off any of it that could be in the cage.
I'm pretty sure that if you clean the cage with a proper cleaner you should be able to use the cage, but personally, I would throw away everything like plants and sticks, etc.
I personally wouldn't throw the plants away due to the fact I'm an addict, but not have them near my chameleons.

Back
Top Bottom