Chameleon Shaking

dodgersalvarez

So lately i've been noticing that my female veiled chameleon has been shaking. She shakes roughly and sometimes it'll last 3 seconds, 1 second, and 5 seconds at most. It looks almost like she's having a seizure. I'm not sure if it comes with age because she just turned 1 year on 3/20/21 so i'm not sure if its that or if its because she had just recently layed eggs about a week ago. She has layed eggs about 4 times now and every single time she's been perfectly fine. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!! Im very worried about her, she my first baby and I dont want anything to happen to her!

Sounds like a calcium possible D3 deficiency.
What is your supplementation schedule and what products do you use?

Sounds like a calcium possible D3 deficiency.
What is your supplementation schedule and what products do you use?
I dont think its that. I give her calcium without D3 every weekday and every saturday I switch between her multivitamin and calcium with D3.

But you said she just laid a clutch. It takes a lot of calcium away from her body to produce the eggs. I give my girls two days of oral calcium glubionate to bring their levels back up.
It's just a guess at what the issue may be and shaking is one of the symptoms of calcium deficiency.

But you said she just laid a clutch. It takes a lot of calcium away from her body to produce the eggs. I give my girls two days of oral calcium glubionate to bring their levels back up.
It's just a guess at what the issue may be and shaking is one of the symptoms of calcium deficiency.
What is oral calcium glubionate?

Back
Top Bottom