Chameleon seems upset?

Buckeye238

I moved my baby blue bar ambilobe in to a new 16x16x20 mesh cage from a 10 gallon glass tank a few days ago and I also added a brighter and stronger light for him and the plants, however, I have noticed he has turned to darker colors more often from his regular light brown color. Is it because of the move? Is it possible the light is too bright for him? I cannot figure out why, any ideas?

new surroundings

just give him a few days to get to know his new surroundings. my did the same thing (this is normal). keep away from the cage much as possible this minimizes stress.

if your cham was in a glass 10 g fish tank then he was over heating most likley..(when chams are over heating they are much lighter in color..or even possibly stressed)..and he will need at least a week in his new enclosure to acclimate and be comfortable..just dont mess with him and let him do his thing..

i havent been messing with him at all other than opening the door to throw in crickets. so if he was mostly light before, is him being darker a good thing? or will he go back to being lighter when he adjusts. He switches from dark to light in his new home off and on now

Sounds normal to me....They change back and forth. In the morning I would think he would be rather dark while he is warming up and after he has ate he would be darker as he is trying to digest his food....etc.

color

yes he will go back to being a light color. most of the time the lighter the better and make sure that there is no objects that he can see him self near by;)

Back
Top Bottom