Chameleon seems off after new edition

Howdyshay

Kharma my 5 mo old male panther has been staying lower in his enclosure and on the screen and his color has been darker than normal. 2 days ago we brought home a bearded dragon and they are sharing a room. There are plants between them so they don’t see each other from their enclosures. But I think Kharma has seen him when I’ve taken the new little guy out. I don’t know if that could be it. But he’s also not eating as much or seeming terribly interested in eating. He’s pooped and eaten a few crickets and a superworm but just doesn’t seem quite himself. His temp and humidity are good.
Any thoughts? Thanks y’all.

Kharma my 5 mo old male panther has been staying lower in his enclosure and on the screen and his color has been darker than normal. 2 days ago we brought home a bearded dragon and they are sharing a room. There are plants between them so they don’t see each other from their enclosures. But I think Kharma has seen him when I’ve taken the new little guy out. I don’t know if that could be it. But he’s also not eating as much or seeming terribly interested in eating. He’s pooped and eaten a few crickets and a superworm but just doesn’t seem quite himself. His temp and humidity are good.
Any thoughts? Thanks y’all.
When was the last time you did a husbandry review for him? Just looking at your threads you posted a month ago about him sleeping more and staying lower in his enclosure. Did that resolve? Have you gotten a fecal done on him since you brought him home?

When was the last time you did a husbandry review for him? Just looking at your threads you posted a month ago about him sleeping more and staying lower in his enclosure. Did that resolve? Have you gotten a fecal done on him since you brought him home?
That did resolve. He’s been doing really well. Still won’t eat from a cup but I’ve given up for now and done crickets with an occasional superworm or hornworm from a plant or screen. He likes to hunt. H
His vet appt is Monday afternoon. I made it the week I got him. It was that long of a wait. I’m planning to collect a fecal sample to bring in probably Sunday. But in general he hunts and basks and sleeps well. Poop is great. The breeder I bought him from I’m 99.9% sure has no parasites. He’snot friendly. He wants nothing to do with me being in his enclosure or hand feeding or anything to do with me being close to him.
I’m working at it but trying not to push. I’m just concerned he can smell, hear, sense the beardie next door. He’s hiding in weird places. He did come out and eat and bask and he’s been less cagey this afternoon.
i can do a husbandry review if you think I should. I just need to get find my laptop. Too much for my phone. Lol

I wouldn't worry about him hearing the beardie next door but if he can see him that may be an issue.

That did resolve. He’s been doing really well. Still won’t eat from a cup but I’ve given up for now and done crickets with an occasional superworm or hornworm from a plant or screen. He likes to hunt. H
His vet appt is Monday afternoon. I made it the week I got him. It was that long of a wait. I’m planning to collect a fecal sample to bring in probably Sunday. But in general he hunts and basks and sleeps well. Poop is great. The breeder I bought him from I’m 99.9% sure has no parasites. He’snot friendly. He wants nothing to do with me being in his enclosure or hand feeding or anything to do with me being close to him.
I’m working at it but trying not to push. I’m just concerned he can smell, hear, sense the beardie next door. He’s hiding in weird places. He did come out and eat and bask and he’s been less cagey this afternoon.
i can do a husbandry review if you think I should. I just need to get find my laptop. Too much for my phone. Lol
Well I would do a solid divider between then if you think it is the beardy. They have excellent eye sight. While you may think the plants are blocking enough they may very well not be enough for him.

Attachments

• 927F6E57-D554-4150-B271-E8942AB6B4A4.jpeg
    927F6E57-D554-4150-B271-E8942AB6B4A4.jpeg
    303.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 67931BF8-C0A3-48A1-8856-C5E7B4F4C711.jpeg
    67931BF8-C0A3-48A1-8856-C5E7B4F4C711.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 82
Well I would do a solid divider between then if you think it is the beardy. They have excellent eye sight. While you may think the plants are blocking enough they may very well not be enough for him.
Thanks. We moved things around in the room where Kharma can’t see the the beardie. We put a shelf between them. We’ll see how it goes in the morning.
Everyone is sleeping and comfortable.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks. We moved things around in the room where Kharma can’t see the the beardie. We put a shelf between them. We’ll see how it goes in the morning.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? PANTHER CHAMELEON MALE 5 MONTHS OLD. I’VE HAD HIM SINCE OCTOBER 1
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? NOT MUCH. HE DOESN’T LIKE IT AT ALL. I AM AROUND HIM A LOT AND TRY TO GET HIM USED TO MY PRESENCE
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I FEED MOSTLY CRICKETS WITH A HORNWORM ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK AND A SUPERWORM ONE OR TWICE A WEEK. HE ALSO GETS THE BS FLIES THAT MY LARVAE BECOME BECAUSE HE WON’T EAT WORMS FROM A CUP OR ME. I PUT 5-7 CRICKETS IN HIS ENCLOSURE IN THE MORNING THEN I PUT A FEW MORE IN ABOUT 5PM IF HE’S EATEN ALL OF THE FIRST ONES. I GUTLOAD BOTH MY CRICKETS BIN AND THE BIN I PUT THEM IN TO GUTLOAD THE NIGHT BEFORE I FEED THEM. I PUT THE SUPERS AND HORNS IN THE GUTLOAD BIN IF I’M FEEDING THOSE. I GUTLOAD WITH TURNIP AND MUSTARD AND COLLARD GREENS, TURNIPS, SWEET POTATO, APPLE CARROTS BEE POLLEN
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I USE ZOOMED REPTICAL WITHOUT VITAMIN D 6 DAYS PER WK. I USE REPCAL CALCIUM WITH VIT D EVERY OTHER SUNDAY AND REPTIVITE THE OTHER SUNDAYS WITH REPTICALCIUM WITHOUT VIT D. I ALSO USE MINERALL OUTDOOR BY STICKY TONGUE FARMS TWICE PER WEEK PER MY BREEDER
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I HAVE A MISTKING AND A DRIPPER. I MIST 2 MIN RIGHT AFTER LIGHTS OUT AND 5 MINUTES RIGHT BEFORE LIGHTS ON. I ALSO MIST BY HAND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY IF THE HUMIDITY DROPS TOO LOW.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? FECES IS BROWN WITH WHITE - CREAM COLORED URATE. SOLID AND USUALLY DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY. TESTING FOR PARASITES ON MONDAY. FIRST AVAILABLE APPT SINCE I GOT HIM.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 REPTIBREEZE WITH ACRYLIC ON 2 SIDES WITHOUT IT ON TOP THIRD
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? USING ZOOMED T5HO 24” LINEAR UVB BULB FOR HEAT I USE A 100 WATT FLOOD LIGHT BULB WITH A REGULATOR TO CONTROL POWER. IT’S CLOSE TO LOWEST SETTING. ITS MOUNTED TO THE SIDE OD ENCLOSURE ABOUT 6” AWAY FROM SCREEN. I ALSO USE A JUNGLE DAWN SPOT PLANT LIGHT THEY ARE 12 HOURS ON/OFF.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? CAGE FLOOR STAYS AROUND 70-73 with BASKING TEMPS 84-90 (per Bruce my breeder) TEMPS DON’T DROP BELOW 70 AT NIGHT. I HAVE A DIGITAL PROBE THERMOMETER/HYGROMETER WITH PROBE ATTACHED TO BASKING SPOT. THEN I HAVE A DIGITAL SENSOR ABOUT A THIRD OF THE WAY DOWN TO MEASURE AMBIENT TEMP.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? HUMIDITY LEVELS ARE AROUND 50% DURING THE DAY AND 70% AT NIGHT. I AM GETTING A FOGGER TO HELP GET IT UP AT NIGHT BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO KEEP IT UP FOR VERY LONG AFTER MISTING.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? LIVE PLANTS ONLY. POTHOS, BROMILIAD CROTON SPIDERPLANT HIBISCUS UMBRELLA SCHEFELERA AND A BEGONIA
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • THE CAGE IS BY A WINDOW NO VENT OR FANS IN A ROOM WITH ANOTHER REPTILE WITH A DIVIDER UP BETWEEN THEM. THE TOP OF THE CAGE IS ABOUT 6’ OFF THE FLOOR.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? I LIVE IN AUSTIN TEXAS

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
MY CONCERN IS HE IS NOT EATING AS MUCH AS NORMAL AND HANGING OUT NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE ENCLOSURE. HE ALSO HASN’T POOPED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. HE ATE 1 CRICKET THIS MORNING. HIS COLOR HASNT BEEN HAPPY. HE JUST SEEMS ANGRY.

--------------

Attachments

• A6969183-B5D9-4F85-ACCC-4DEEED5F5FFA.jpeg
    A6969183-B5D9-4F85-ACCC-4DEEED5F5FFA.jpeg
    503.9 KB · Views: 80
  • 3F1850EF-5638-44D6-B21B-1DECC7002856.jpeg
    3F1850EF-5638-44D6-B21B-1DECC7002856.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DA111CB5-896D-484A-A8B4-32DA9DADA79B.jpeg
    DA111CB5-896D-484A-A8B4-32DA9DADA79B.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 57A7D879-E87E-4DA8-8634-1BC7EEE76DB9.jpeg
    57A7D879-E87E-4DA8-8634-1BC7EEE76DB9.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 73
  • E2A4DECA-88FE-4E70-88CA-368F24E4B4E8.jpeg
    E2A4DECA-88FE-4E70-88CA-368F24E4B4E8.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 78
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? PANTHER CHAMELEON MALE 5 MONTHS OLD. I’VE HAD HIM SINCE OCTOBER 1
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? NOT MUCH. HE DOESN’T LIKE IT AT ALL. I AM AROUND HIM A LOT AND TRY TO GET HIM USED TO MY PRESENCE
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I FEED MOSTLY CRICKETS WITH A HORNWORM ONCE OR TWICE A WEEK AND A SUPERWORM ONE OR TWICE A WEEK. HE ALSO GETS THE BS FLIES THAT MY LARVAE BECOME BECAUSE HE WON’T EAT WORMS FROM A CUP OR ME. I PUT 5-7 CRICKETS IN HIS ENCLOSURE IN THE MORNING THEN I PUT A FEW MORE IN ABOUT 5PM IF HE’S EATEN ALL OF THE FIRST ONES. I GUTLOAD BOTH MY CRICKETS BIN AND THE BIN I PUT THEM IN TO GUTLOAD THE NIGHT BEFORE I FEED THEM. I PUT THE SUPERS AND HORNS IN THE GUTLOAD BIN IF I’M FEEDING THOSE. I GUTLOAD WITH TURNIP AND MUSTARD AND COLLARD GREENS, TURNIPS, SWEET POTATO, APPLE CARROTS BEE POLLEN
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I USE ZOOMED REPTICAL WITHOUT VITAMIN D 6 DAYS PER WK. I USE REPCAL CALCIUM WITH VIT D EVERY OTHER SUNDAY AND REPTIVITE THE OTHER SUNDAYS WITH REPTICALCIUM WITHOUT VIT D. I ALSO USE MINERALL OUTDOOR BY STICKY TONGUE FARMS TWICE PER WEEK PER MY BREEDER
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I HAVE A MISTKING AND A DRIPPER. I MIST 2 MIN RIGHT AFTER LIGHTS OUT AND 5 MINUTES RIGHT BEFORE LIGHTS ON. I ALSO MIST BY HAND SOMETIMES DURING THE DAY IF THE HUMIDITY DROPS TOO LOW.
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? FECES IS BROWN WITH WHITE - CREAM COLORED URATE. SOLID AND USUALLY DAILY OR EVERY OTHER DAY. TESTING FOR PARASITES ON MONDAY. FIRST AVAILABLE APPT SINCE I GOT HIM.
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? 2x2x4 REPTIBREEZE WITH ACRYLIC ON 2 SIDES WITHOUT IT ON TOP THIRD
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? USING ZOOMED T5HO 24” LINEAR UVB BULB FOR HEAT I USE A 100 WATT FLOOD LIGHT BULB WITH A REGULATOR TO CONTROL POWER. IT’S CLOSE TO LOWEST SETTING. ITS MOUNTED TO THE SIDE OD ENCLOSURE ABOUT 6” AWAY FROM SCREEN. I ALSO USE A JUNGLE DAWN SPOT PLANT LIGHT THEY ARE 12 HOURS ON/OFF.
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? CAGE FLOOR STAYS AROUND 70-73 with BASKING TEMPS 84-90 (per Bruce my breeder) TEMPS DON’T DROP BELOW 70 AT NIGHT. I HAVE A DIGITAL PROBE THERMOMETER/HYGROMETER WITH PROBE ATTACHED TO BASKING SPOT. THEN I HAVE A DIGITAL SENSOR ABOUT A THIRD OF THE WAY DOWN TO MEASURE AMBIENT TEMP.
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? HUMIDITY LEVELS ARE AROUND 50% DURING THE DAY AND 70% AT NIGHT. I AM GETTING A FOGGER TO HELP GET IT UP AT NIGHT BUT I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO KEEP IT UP FOR VERY LONG AFTER MISTING.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? LIVE PLANTS ONLY. POTHOS, BROMILIAD CROTON SPIDERPLANT HIBISCUS UMBRELLA SCHEFELERA AND A BEGONIA
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • THE CAGE IS BY A WINDOW NO VENT OR FANS IN A ROOM WITH ANOTHER REPTILE WITH A DIVIDER UP BETWEEN THEM. THE TOP OF THE CAGE IS ABOUT 6’ OFF THE FLOOR.
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? I LIVE IN AUSTIN TEXAS

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
MY CONCERN IS HE IS NOT EATING AS MUCH AS NORMAL AND HANGING OUT NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE ENCLOSURE. HE ALSO HASN’T POOPED IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. HE ATE 1 CRICKET THIS MORNING. HIS COLOR HASNT BEEN HAPPY. HE JUST SEEMS ANGRY.

--------------
Everything is pretty spot on with husbandry...

Only things I see is night time temps do need to drop at night. Especially if your going to use a fogger a temp drop must happen to below at least 67 degrees. But they need a temp drop. Mine drop to 60-65 degrees at night.

Does the reptivite have D3 in it?

light mounted on the side is a bit of a concern...

Talk to me about the window. What does he see outside? Anything new out there? Any animals running around? Besides the Bearded dragon what else is different in the room? Have you made any changes to anything with his enclosure?

Everything is pretty spot on with husbandry...

Only things I see is night time temps do need to drop at night. Especially if your going to use a fogger a temp drop must happen to below at least 67 degrees. But they need a temp drop. Mine drop to 60-65 degrees at night.

Does the reptivite have D3 in it?

light mounted on the side is a bit of a concern...

Talk to me about the window. What does he see outside? Anything new out there? Any animals running around? Besides the Bearded dragon what else is different in the room? Have you made any changes to anything with his enclosure?
Hey! This is howdyshay’s son, she’s at work and asked me to respond. The window could definitely be a concern, I’m gonna go ahead and shut the blinds. We wanted him to get some natural light/have the sunset help transition to bedtime, but there are some cats that come sit in our driveway, which the window is up against. Additionally, our daily driver van parks right outside the window and has a really loud start-up. I’m not sure if that would explain the ground sitting, but it could definitely be contributing to his stress. He did just take a BIG ole poop and seems a little happier now. First poop we’ve seen in a couple of days. Good crème colored urate. Also, it is Reptivite without D3. As for temps go, we will think of some ways to drop the temps, may just need to turn the AC down a little bit in the house. We’re definitely looking forward to getting him to the vet on Monday.

Hey! This is howdyshay’s son, she’s at work and asked me to respond. The window could definitely be a concern, I’m gonna go ahead and shut the blinds. We wanted him to get some natural light/have the sunset help transition to bedtime, but there are some cats that come sit in our driveway, which the window is up against. Additionally, our daily driver van parks right outside the window and has a really loud start-up. I’m not sure if that would explain the ground sitting, but it could definitely be contributing to his stress. He did just take a BIG ole poop and seems a little happier now. First poop we’ve seen in a couple of days. Good crème colored urate. Also, it is Reptivite without D3. As for temps go, we will think of some ways to drop the temps, may just need to turn the AC down a little bit in the house. We’re definitely looking forward to getting him to the vet on Monday.
Hi there.. Ok so let her know...

Supplements are good since it is the without D3 version.

I would close the blinds and see if that makes a difference. Was this a new move into that area in front of the open window? If so this may very well be it. Lighting would be different with the spectrum they see. I don't know the specifics to this but I have had this issue moving from one house with no natural light to a new house with many windows. Causing stress for my oldest cham to the point that it took him a full year to not react to all the windows being open in the room.

The cats and even the moving van could be causing an issue. My boys have grown used to my dogs however I do have them up on a 3 foot table in their 4 foot tall enclosures. Two of them when they are outside stress if they see moving vehicles driving by to the point that I had to move an outdoor enclosure so they no longer had a view of the street.

Noise is not so much a concern as the vibrations of the truck starting right outside.

I definitely would get night time temps down. This will help with overall health and if you fog at night providing cool fog rather then warm fog. You don't want them breathing in warm fog. It is bad for them and could lead to an RI.

Anything else stand out as far as changes to his area since this started?

Fecal is always a good idea just to ensure it is not a parasite risk...

One thing I just want to double check is the UVB... What bulb strength is it? And what is the measured distance from the top screen to the branch directly below the UVB?

Hey it's me this time. Chameleon husbandry is a joint effort with my son since he's moved home from college after graduation.
He's always been by the window. The only really new thing is the dragon and the divider now between them. Last night he seemed more himself but he's screen walking a lot more than normal too. Then this morning he was on the floor again. He quickly got onto a branch when we got in there. He eventually made it up to the top and ate a cricket or maybe 2 and a superworm. Then he took another GIANT poop. Like just as big or bigger than yesterday. Very atypical for him.
Anyway, working on cracking the window a tad a night to bring temps down. When we studied ambient temps through the night they are getting to 68 but that is as low as they go. We checked at 12, 2 and 4am. I will use cool mist. That is still on my next paycheck list to get.
My light is a t5 HO UVB light and it is about 8" from the branch he most often uses. THere are several branches in that range of 8-9" below the light. He was spending plenty of time up there.
There is another thought. I am not here during the day. My daughter does school in that room but does not pay attention to where Kharma is at or what he's doing. I have been home because school's on break so I have been spending time in there. He may always stay on bottom in the mornings and gradually come up. I haven't been there to know. Harrison has been there but not daily and not in the mornings necessarily. He definitely usually eats more. I got a feeding platform that I am hoping will work to feed him worms like bsfl or waxworms. But I really want to feed roaches because I HATE crickets with a passion and I spent a lot of time and money with James setting up roach colonies and I want to use them. He wants NO part of cup feeding.
Anyway, thank you for your help. I hope he just needs a couple days to settle after being traumatized by seeing Stevie Nicks the Beardie. I constantly feel like I am killing my chameleon daily. I never feel like he's happy unless he's sleeping.
I appreciate all the care you give all of us newbies on here. You're the best!

Hey it's me this time. Chameleon husbandry is a joint effort with my son since he's moved home from college after graduation.
He's always been by the window. The only really new thing is the dragon and the divider now between them. Last night he seemed more himself but he's screen walking a lot more than normal too. Then this morning he was on the floor again. He quickly got onto a branch when we got in there. He eventually made it up to the top and ate a cricket or maybe 2 and a superworm. Then he took another GIANT poop. Like just as big or bigger than yesterday. Very atypical for him.
Anyway, working on cracking the window a tad a night to bring temps down. When we studied ambient temps through the night they are getting to 68 but that is as low as they go. We checked at 12, 2 and 4am. I will use cool mist. That is still on my next paycheck list to get.
My light is a t5 HO UVB light and it is about 8" from the branch he most often uses. THere are several branches in that range of 8-9" below the light. He was spending plenty of time up there.
There is another thought. I am not here during the day. My daughter does school in that room but does not pay attention to where Kharma is at or what he's doing. I have been home because school's on break so I have been spending time in there. He may always stay on bottom in the mornings and gradually come up. I haven't been there to know. Harrison has been there but not daily and not in the mornings necessarily. He definitely usually eats more. I got a feeding platform that I am hoping will work to feed him worms like bsfl or waxworms. But I really want to feed roaches because I HATE crickets with a passion and I spent a lot of time and money with James setting up roach colonies and I want to use them. He wants NO part of cup feeding.
Anyway, thank you for your help. I hope he just needs a couple days to settle after being traumatized by seeing Stevie Nicks the Beardie. I constantly feel like I am killing my chameleon daily. I never feel like he's happy unless he's sleeping.
I appreciate all the care you give all of us newbies on here. You're the best!
hmmmm the larger poops are odd.. Do you cover your soil in your plants? I wonder if he has been nabbing soil gnats coming out of it? Are you seeing any dirt or anything in the fecal?

Something is off/ or there is a reason why he is preferring to be down there. to stay at the bottom really is not something they will normally do. There must be a reason for it. They instinctively go up for warmth and "sun".

hmmmm the larger poops are odd.. Do you cover your soil in your plants? I wonder if he has been nabbing soil gnats coming out of it? Are you seeing any dirt or anything in the fecal?

Something is off/ or there is a reason why he is preferring to be down there. to stay at the bottom really is not something they will normally do. There must be a reason for it. They instinctively go up for warmth and "sun".
No dirt in fecal. There are some gnats in there I see. Some came from the cricket bin and I am not sure if it was the crickets or the veggies that they came from. I switched crickets to Josh's Frogs. They are so much better.
I only have one plant that I could put rocks in to cover soil. The rest are hanging at an angle. The big umbrella doesn't have anything covering the dirt. I have bioactive soil and it's covered with coconut coir to make sure he's not getting any big pieces of anything. I can put some rocks in it if you think that could be it. The poop did not look unusual other than the size of it. It had only been 3 days before yesterday's poop and then immediately another today.
He was at the bottom of his baby enclosure too quit a bit. In fact he always slept on the bottom branch about an inch from the floor. I wrote in about that too.
His color isn't right. James thinks he looks scared. I bug the shit out of James because I constantly think he's dying. He puts up with me. I buy a lot of roaches. LOL.
Thank you. Thoughts now?

No dirt in fecal. There are some gnats in there I see. Some came from the cricket bin and I am not sure if it was the crickets or the veggies that they came from. I switched crickets to Josh's Frogs. They are so much better.
I only have one plant that I could put rocks in to cover soil. The rest are hanging at an angle. The big umbrella doesn't have anything covering the dirt. I have bioactive soil and it's covered with coconut coir to make sure he's not getting any big pieces of anything. I can put some rocks in it if you think that could be it. The poop did not look unusual other than the size of it. It had only been 3 days before yesterday's poop and then immediately another today.
He was at the bottom of his baby enclosure too quit a bit. In fact he always slept on the bottom branch about an inch from the floor. I wrote in about that too.
His color isn't right. James thinks he looks scared. I bug the shit out of James because I constantly think he's dying. He puts up with me. I buy a lot of roaches. LOL.
Thank you. Thoughts now?

Attachments

• 89A64E75-318C-4BA6-A461-3B66C616B040.jpeg
    89A64E75-318C-4BA6-A461-3B66C616B040.jpeg
    258.5 KB · Views: 59
Thank you. Thoughts now?
Lol I bug the hell out of James too. He is good for that.

I dunno hun. I do not have the hands on experience with Panthers the same as I have with Veileds. Next fecal mush it around in a paper towel and see what is in there... Seems odd I know but sometimes we have to play with their poo :hilarious:

I wonder if he just feels more exposed in the cage... Maybe try closing the blinds and you have acrylic panels on the outside of the sides right? Cover them with a solid poster board (white or black). See if he does not start moving around more if he feels more secure.

Just so you can look at the lovely poop.
Lol I bug the hell out of James too. He is good for that.

I dunno hun. I do not have the hands on experience with Panthers the same as I have with Veileds. Next fecal mush it around in a paper towel and see what is in there... Seems odd I know but sometimes we have to play with their poo :hilarious:

I wonder if he just feels more exposed in the cage... Maybe try closing the blinds and you have acrylic panels on the outside of the sides right? Cover them with a solid poster board (white or black). See if he does not start moving around more if he feels more secure.
We closed the blinds yesterday as soon as you suggested he could be nervous from that. I really thought he was feeling better because he was all over the enclosure last night. He did climb his screen some but it seems like he uses it as a short cut from point a to point b. Never on the ceiling.
But then there he was, chilling on the floor this morning.
James is pretty wise about panthers and he's good at putting my mind at ease. I tend to be a bit of an alarmist.
Thanks for everything. I will look into covering his walls.
Shay

Just so you can look at the lovely poop.

We closed the blinds yesterday as soon as you suggested he could be nervous from that. I really thought he was feeling better because he was all over the enclosure last night. He did climb his screen some but it seems like he uses it as a short cut from point a to point b. Never on the ceiling.
But then there he was, chilling on the floor this morning.
James is pretty wise about panthers and he's good at putting my mind at ease. I tend to be a bit of an alarmist.
Thanks for everything. I will look into covering his walls.
Shay
I mean it is honestly the only thing I can think of because your husbandry is on point. Try that and give him a few days. Let me know what happens. :)

Back
Top Bottom