Chameleon scared of misting

Jennifer0519

Hello! I've had Simon for a month now and I've noticed that every time I spray/mist his enclosure he hisses and gets scared and tries to run away from the mist. Once, he was so scared that he couldn't grab on to any branches and fell. He was extremely mad after that. I know that chameleons get stressed easily and I'm sure me misting is stressing him out even more. Is there anything else I can do that won't scare him?

I had the same problem with my male veiled chameleon. He hated when I would mist his cage. He would run away and hide under branches. He also fell off a branch once, like yours did. But as time kept going he got used to it. He still never liked it, but he never ran away. He just would hiss a little and look angry haha. Just give your guy some time. He will get used to it. Some chams tend to have an attitude when it comes to misting. Give him some time. And let him get used to it. In time he will learn that it's not a bad thing.

I prefer automatic misters because they do finer mists of they are good ones and this makes them more chameleon friendly... At least from their perspective. Lol otherwise I get the pump up spray ones where you prepump and hold down the trigger to spray and fill that with hot water. The water should be warm when it comes out in mist form. It usually helps with misting hatred.

I had the same problem with my male veiled chameleon. He hated when I would mist his cage. He would run away and hide under branches. He also fell off a branch once, like yours did. But as time kept going he got used to it. He still never liked it, but he never ran away. He just would hiss a little and look angry haha. Just give your guy some time. He will get used to it. Some chams tend to have an attitude when it comes to misting. Give him some time. And let him get used to it. In time he will learn that it's not a bad thing.
Thank you so much I hope he does get used to it but I will definitely keep in mind an automatic misting system since they do produce much finer mist and are more chameleon friendly. Thank you!

I prefer automatic misters because they do finer mists of they are good ones and this makes them more chameleon friendly... At least from their perspective. Lol otherwise I get the pump up spray ones where you prepump and hold down the trigger to spray and fill that with hot water. The water should be warm when it comes out in mist form. It usually helps with misting hatred.
Thank you I have been wanting to get a misting system and will keep looking into it. I'll check out the pump up spray bottles you're talking about though. Thank you!

Get a Climist or Mistking. It's worth the extra money and will make your life much easier and your cham much healthier by providing a better source for hydration.

Try mist around them first,until they realize its water for them to drink,then u can squirt lightly on them,the purpose of misting is to encourage them to drink n increase the humidity,dont spray them like putting out the fire,even human like us wont like the water Attack except we are in shower session.

Back
Top Bottom