Chameleon Safari in South Florida?

RobS

New to Florida, and in love with this species....it is on my bucket list to see one of the Chameleon species in the wild. Where exactly does one go to have any luck on an eve adventure?

Cruising through florida and stumbling across a family of T. Quadracornis would be interesting lol...most of the chameleons we are accustomed to keeping are not native to florida

Last edited:
I read they pose some problems as an invasive species, but it also shows you how adaptable Vailed Chameleons can be.

It is the veiled chameleon I would like to find....they are not indigenous to Florida, but they exist there....would love to know exactly where you go to look for them.

yea as far as I know there is a fairly large population of veiled chams, some oustalets, and a small amount of panthers but usually you have to search around, also if you catch one just know its illegal to release them back in the wild, at night theyre easiest to find because theyre bright colors and reflective eyes

ive been looking for 5 years. i still havent found any though lol. im not allowed to travel far. im too young to drive. the best i could do is ask people and look online.i waiting untill the day i get a car to do a road trip to homestead!

ive been looking for 5 years. i still havent found any though lol. im not allowed to travel far. im too young to drive. the best i could do is ask people and look online.i waiting untill the day i get a car to do a road trip to homestead!
Are you also on the Tortoise forum?

I've found that anyone who has seen Chameleons here in the "wild", they are very tight lipped about the location.

Back
Top Bottom