Chameleon Quilt Wall-Hanging

d3s5

Avid Member
Picked up my quilt wall-hanging today. I gave the artists a picture of my cham's tail to work with. It's 4' x 3'. I love the fabrics they chose and really like the way it turned out!

Deb

That is just to beautiful. I am a quilter, so I know the work that went into your quilt. I did a quilt from a picture of Lenny. I never posted the finished picture. I will have someone post it for me.

I can't post pictures as Flickr is all messed up. At least I can email pictures. If anyone has and idea of another host sight I am all ears.:)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. The pictures really don't do it justice. The fabrics are much more brilliant than they look in the picture. And they used a blue pearl threading to outline the tail which you really can't see. . .

Laurie - I would LOVE to see your quilt! I use Photobucket to upload my pictures. Please post a photo!!

A little detail.

I love it Deb. That is so awesome and what a fantastic job the artist did. If I had the wall space I'd be getting one. ;)

I love it Deb. That is so awesome and what a fantastic job the artist did. If I had the wall space I'd be getting one. ;)

Actually, my wall hanging is the second largest they have ever done. The biggest was 6 feet and they did that for Temple University. Their usual ones are 16x20 - a much more friendly size! But they will make whatever size you like!

Just want to add a couple of my quilted chams. First is Lenny. A full view, a close up of his skin and the branch he is sitting on. I painted the picture on white cloth, the rest is quilting.

These are mug rugs. For putting your oversized cups on, but everyone I have given them to has hung them on the wall. I am going to have them sold by a friend at one of the big reptile shows, i am excited. Quilting is right after chameleons, on the list of what I enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 144
  • mugrug one.jpg
    mugrug one.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 115
  • mugrug two.jpg
    mugrug two.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 135
Just want to add a couple of my quilted chams. First is Lenny. A full view, a close up of his skin and the branch he is sitting on. I painted the picture on white cloth, the rest is quilting.

These are mug rugs. For putting your oversized cups on, but everyone I have given them to has hung them on the wall. I am going to have them sold by a friend at one of the big reptile shows, i am excited. Quilting is right after chameleons, on the list of what I enjoy.

Laurie - Your detail is unbelievable! Beautiful work!

Love these, all of them....I need to check into where I can get one.

I would highly recommend these folks. They work with you to get just what you want. They provide a computer mock-up of your piece before they start. They also send you swatches of the fabrics they will be using to make sure they match your decor.

www.fultondesignfiber.com

Deb

Back
Top Bottom