Chameleon Quilt Wall-Hanging

d3s5

Avid Member
Picked up my quilt wall-hanging today. I gave the artists a picture of my cham's tail to work with. It's 4' x 3'. I love the fabrics they chose and really like the way it turned out!

Deb

laurie

Retired Moderator
That is just to beautiful. I am a quilter, so I know the work that went into your quilt. I did a quilt from a picture of Lenny. I never posted the finished picture. I will have someone post it for me.

I can't post pictures as Flickr is all messed up. At least I can email pictures. If anyone has and idea of another host sight I am all ears.:)

d3s5

Avid Member
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. The pictures really don't do it justice. The fabrics are much more brilliant than they look in the picture. And they used a blue pearl threading to outline the tail which you really can't see. . .

Laurie - I would LOVE to see your quilt! I use Photobucket to upload my pictures. Please post a photo!!

A little detail.

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I love it Deb. That is so awesome and what a fantastic job the artist did. If I had the wall space I'd be getting one. ;)

d3s5

Avid Member
I love it Deb. That is so awesome and what a fantastic job the artist did. If I had the wall space I'd be getting one. ;)

Actually, my wall hanging is the second largest they have ever done. The biggest was 6 feet and they did that for Temple University. Their usual ones are 16x20 - a much more friendly size! But they will make whatever size you like!

laurie

Retired Moderator
Just want to add a couple of my quilted chams. First is Lenny. A full view, a close up of his skin and the branch he is sitting on. I painted the picture on white cloth, the rest is quilting.

These are mug rugs. For putting your oversized cups on, but everyone I have given them to has hung them on the wall. I am going to have them sold by a friend at one of the big reptile shows, i am excited. Quilting is right after chameleons, on the list of what I enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_2051.jpg
    IMG_2051.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2050.jpg
    IMG_2050.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 124
  • mugrug one.jpg
    mugrug one.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 84
  • mugrug two.jpg
    mugrug two.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 112

d3s5

Avid Member
Just want to add a couple of my quilted chams. First is Lenny. A full view, a close up of his skin and the branch he is sitting on. I painted the picture on white cloth, the rest is quilting.

These are mug rugs. For putting your oversized cups on, but everyone I have given them to has hung them on the wall. I am going to have them sold by a friend at one of the big reptile shows, i am excited. Quilting is right after chameleons, on the list of what I enjoy.

Laurie - Your detail is unbelievable! Beautiful work!

Love these, all of them....I need to check into where I can get one.

I would highly recommend these folks. They work with you to get just what you want. They provide a computer mock-up of your piece before they start. They also send you swatches of the fabrics they will be using to make sure they match your decor.

www.fultondesignfiber.com

Deb

Top Bottom