Chameleon plants

Do you still have the boxes, or are you able to take out the bulbs to get what type they are? As for the plastic part covering the top of the cage, do you have the sides wrapped as well as and/or all/more live plants, and how long do you mist for? I'm just uncomfortable with how much screen it is covering, sorry
Have everything covered but the left side is fully exposed.

Ah...OK, that looks like a regular incandescent. Perfect.
Next time you have to replace one, you can get a household incandescent (not LED) of the same wattage. Same kind of bulb for le$$. ;)
Thanks didn't know if they were safe for chams eyes. I used soft white household bulbs for my bearded dragon. Have a photo of type I tried to use but weren't hot enough for bearded dragon. Hardware store had really good dimmable ones. But for some reason changed them to energy saver types.

Attachments

• 20210630_185449.jpg
    20210630_185449.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 48
Thanks didn't know if they were safe for chams eyes. I used soft white household bulbs for my bearded dragon. Have a photo of type I tried to use but weren't hot enough for bearded dragon. Hardware store had really good dimmable ones. But for some reason changed them to energy saver types.
Yes, good incansescents are getting harder to find, and energy saving bulbs do gum up the works, don't they? :LOL:

I started with a recessed flood for my beardie, and now use the same type bulb in a clamp light fixture for my chameleon.

Theoretically, "daylight" or "full spectrum" are best, but if you have plant lights that meet that spec., the soft-white for basking should be fine.

Sizing upwards can help; it's the actual usage that counts for heat (which is why LEDs are useless for basking).

Back
Top Bottom