Chameleon People problems

donatella

Add yours!

1. My chameleon is the love of my life. She, however, looks at me like she barely tolerates my existence.

2. Not sure if sick... or just on hunger strike.

3. Never being able to get a picture with both of her eyes facing the camera.

4. In half of the pictures I DO manage to get, she has a derpy face.

Add yours!

1. My chameleon is the love of my life. She, however, looks at me like she barely tolerates my existence.

2. Not sure if sick... or just on hunger strike.

3. Never being able to get a picture with both of her eyes facing the camera.

4. In half of the pictures I DO manage to get, she has a derpy face.

Getting the right sized crickets, and digging up eggs.

Looking inside your cage for over ten minutes and wondering where did he go then realizing he has been in front of you the whole time.

Luis

Ha walking into the free range and looking around for 5 minutes, than you start to look at the floor and places he shouldn't be, than you see he is right in front of you hahaha
Looking inside your cage for over ten minutes and wondering where did he go then realizing he has been in front of you the whole time.

Luis

Ha walking into the free range and looking around for 5 minutes, than you start to look at the floor and places he shouldn't be, than you see he is right in front of you hahaha

Exactly! Always gets me. Scares me an I start thinking the worst only to see him staring at me the whole time.

Luis

Luis

Did the two of you train my chams?

Add to the list pooping the the spot hardest to get to for clean up.

I hate that one, sometimes they are so easy to reach, or have to snake my arm around the pot....then there are those that are in between branches at the back or in the stones covering the potting soil. As for walking up to see where they are, Fingolfin is getting big now so not that easy for his large self to hide, I can generally find a part of him somehow, the new panther Earendil, is pretty good at hiding in plain sight. If I wait long enough he appears or if I start calling him, he seems to come out of hiding. A lot I have to look around, not see him, and to a check to make sure the door is latched, knowing he is in there but just in case! He was on the top screen once and couldn't find him, then I just happened to look up...

LOL!!! You too?? They always start off in the easiest place then when they see your dedication they make you earn it!!

Emptying buckets:rolleyes:

every night before i sleep i do the same thing incase bacteria has been breeding allday cant let my little girl get sick

another one to add to the list

keeping up with atleast 3 different feeders feeding/cleaning crickets, dubias, hornworms, and catching random grasshoppers in the yard

my beardie is about 1/8 the work of my chameleon lol

Having to be that person googling and calling bug suppliers for roaches, typically at a place where people listening think you're insane. Like at Starbucks.

Add to that having to find large feeders for your large chameleon species.

"Hi, do you still do the lot of 200 roaches? No not those, I can't have roaches that climb. Yes, and I need big ones. Like, big."

1. Taking the boys outside for sunshine, one just crawls all over his outdoor cage looking for a way out, and the other stays stiff as a board terrified in the exact spot you sat him after prying him off of your hand.

2. Having a very friendly panther but being afraid to let him crawl on you too long as he would much rather poop on a human than in his cage or free range.

3. Spending hours tending to all of the insects in various breeding stages: horn worms, silk worms, snails, mantid's, roaches, crickets, isopods..........:eek:

4. Spraying and showering your stubborn drinker just to get him to drink. Would give him hornworms but I only have moths and eggs right now.

Sitting back after a long day of chameleon related chores and knowing its worth it.

When I take my cham outside for some sun he will sometimes climb out of my reach and I have to get a small ladder to get him down from this little tree in my backyard -_-

He goes to sleep earlier than I do, so when I have to use the computer I am sitting in the dark awkwardly.

I love him but he hates me.

Tongue shots are so hard to get!

Only other time I worried this much about poop was when my children were babies.

Taking a two page plant list to my local garden center and asking for specific plants because I need them for my chameleon cage.

Talking to my chameleon even tho I know he can't hear me and would care less if he could.

and of course, looking all over his cage for him, start to panic when I don't see him and instantly look at the cage floor to make sure he isn't hurt or dead only to realize he was right in front of me the whole time..

1. playing hide and seek with your cham in her cage, only to realize you have been staring at her for the past 10 minutes.

2. Asking all your neighbors with Hibiscus plants, if you can have the flowers when they start to wilt.

3. Having a mini fridge in your bedroom just for your reptiles veggies and worms.

4. When you go grocery shopping and most of the veggies and fruits in your cart are for your herp.

5. when your friends ask if you got into a fight with a weed eater cause your hands are all torn up. And you say nope, just my reptiles.

6. When the employees at all the local pet stores know you by name and how many of each feeder you need. you know their shipping schedule for feeders.

7. Lose crickets roaming your house, chirping at night.

8. You can get a suntan with out ever leaving your reptile room.

Adding two hours onto every shopping trip...

Ooh, silk plants! Ooh cable ties! Nice glue gun! Pretty sure I could make an awesome feature from that vintage lantern. That pot is PERFECT for a lay bin. Wonder if she'd like this ivy garland? Bet this place has good waterproof sealant. If I cut a hole in that it would be the perfect feeder cup. That bin looks good for roaches. Wonder if they have a laundry basket I could convert into a temporary cage? Bet I could use that cork for something. Hey an awesome stick!

Adding two hours onto every shopping trip...

Ooh, silk plants! Ooh cable ties! Nice glue gun! Pretty sure I could make an awesome feature from that vintage lantern. That pot is PERFECT for a lay bin. Wonder if she'd like this ivy garland? Bet this place has good waterproof sealant. If I cut a hole in that it would be the perfect feeder cup. That bin looks good for roaches. Wonder if they have a laundry basket I could convert into a temporary cage? Bet I could use that cork for something. Hey an awesome stick!

Oh my god I totally agree with you. I see something I want for chams every dang trip!

also my mind is constantly thinking about chams ugh.

my family thinks I am mental for only talking about my favorite animal

Don't know if this fits but, explaining or showing people your cham to hear them say that so and so they know has one. Only to realize they can be talking about any kind of lizard out there. And they don't really know the difference.

And explaining the whole color changing thing.

Back
Top Bottom