Chameleon not really eatting

Not sure, have you ever had a fecal or bloodwork done on her by an exotics vet with cham experience?
Nope considering a visit this week. Gonna ring the vet near me to see if they have chameleon experience. Finding the right vet is gonna be the challenge

Right, Im not sure if shes carrying eggs as never laid before. Was presumed male up until recently. Her behaviour just changed after the last she when she started showing receptive colours never shown before then
if shes showing receptive colors she should be eating more then a sudden stop in appetite so I'm not sure but its best not to bother her for now, put a baby monitor in there and cover the cage completely she will need complete privacy

if shes showing receptive colors she should be eating more then a sudden stop in appetite so I'm not sure but its best not to bother her for now, put a baby monitor in there and cover the cage completely she will need complete privacy
Ive been covering her with a blanket but go in to feed her. Should i stop putting food in for a few days?

She went for a run around the block yesterday and this is the latest picture of her in her break for freedom before she was put back.

Oddly 2 weeks ago she didnt want to leave the cage. Now its like she wants to check everywhere for maybe i presumed a mate or somewhere to lay. She looks big in the pic but shes puffed up as i was turning the lights of to get her

Attachments

• 20181124_152807.jpg
    20181124_152807.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 146
Next question- sorry for so many.
How long can she continue like this at 1 Hopper a day?

I dont want to leave her alone and her die of starvation. I am going to try for the vet maybe wednesday onwards. In uk they r normally busy people. How to do a fecal test if it doesnt poop cus not eatting?

Next question- sorry for so many.
How long can she continue like this at 1 Hopper a day?

I dont want to leave her alone and her die of starvation. I am going to try for the vet maybe wednesday onwards. In uk they r normally busy people. How to do a fecal test if it doesnt poop cus not eatting?
Sh'll be fine for at least a few days, if not more. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. They'll flush out the vent if you don't bring a fecal or she doesn't poop for them

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this. I’ve bought one a few weeks ago he is eating but not as much as I’d like to ant tips? Need more info feel free to ask any help would be much appreciate

Sh'll be fine for at least a few days, if not more. Maybe someone else can chime in on that. They'll flush out the vent if you don't bring a fecal or she doesn't poop for them
Ok. That flushing thing doesn't sound great but getting poop I reckon might not be an option after not eatting as they were tiny before or just urate. I take it the poop needs to be fresh ish towards the vet appointment?

What puzzles me is if she was becoming eggbound I read everywhere that she would struggle to climb yet it's the opposite. It's like a chameleon possessed in between short bursts of basking.

Hope you don’t mind me jumping in on this. I’ve bought one a few weeks ago he is eating but not as much as I’d like to ant tips? Need more info feel free to ask any help would be much appreciate
Think you gotta fill in a form like mine at the beginning for help. Chams are funny beings for eatting and stuff and one thing has a knock on effect to everything else like eatting, health, behaviour.

Think you gotta fill in a form like mine at the beginning for help. Chams are funny beings for eatting and stuff and one thing has a knock on effect to everything else like eatting, health, behaviour.
I appreciate that but I’ve been struggling trying to do my own thread so shamefully I have to jump in on other peoples threads. Not proud but it’s all I have at the moment until I figure out how this forum works. Many apologise

I appreciate that but I’ve been struggling trying to do my own thread so shamefully I have to jump in on other peoples threads. Not proud but it’s all I have at the moment until I figure out how this forum works. Many apologise
Just copy n paste the front of this thread on the first post and adapt to you in a reply maybe (Im relatively new so I dont know the rules fully as i think for max help you really need your own thread with some pictures of set up n stuff cham) They will need to know stuff like temps, age, food, type of cham, current set up. There are loads of fact sheets for initial set up n gut loading, nutrition etc in the resources section.

Just copy n paste the front of this thread on the first post and adapt to you in a reply maybe (Im relatively new so I dont know the rules fully as i think for max help you really need your own thread with some pictures of set up n stuff cham) They will need to know stuff like temps, age, food, type of cham, current set up. There are loads of fact sheets for initial set up n gut loading, nutrition etc in the resources section.
Thankyou I’ve managed to make a thread now but I will have a gander at the fact sheets thankyou very much

Ok. That flushing thing doesn't sound great but getting poop I reckon might not be an option after not eatting as they were tiny before or just urate. I take it the poop needs to be fresh ish towards the vet appointment?

What puzzles me is if she was becoming eggbound I read everywhere that she would struggle to climb yet it's the opposite. It's like a chameleon possessed in between short bursts of basking.
Yup, poop has to be fresh

Back
Top Bottom