- Your Chameleon - Veiled Cham, presumed female from previous forums to help identify. was told it was male and 4 months old 2 months ago which would make it 6 months but too big for that so presumed 6-12 months. Been in my care for 2 months
- Handling - Only ever twice in my care-she is very afraid of bare hands and previous owner mishandled a lot. when I collected they put their hand above her and just ripped her off her branch to give to me.
- Feeding - Before she gained her colours two weeks ago she was eating every other day a varied diet of roughly 5 hoppers (size 4-medium to large and 1-2 silk worms and liked to eat water cress too. she has waxworm moths as a treat and every now and again calci worms (they are not her favourite) as of the two weeks she is being a pain with any food. she has now decided she doesn't want to eat silk worms unless it is the only thing and shes hungry. will eat only 1 hoppers which we are leaving to roam as they tend to escape cup. she would hand feed before for anything except superworms.
- Supplements - daily with calium no d3 or phos, bi weekly with calcium with d3-repashi calciplus.
- Gutloading food with fresh veg and bug burger together
- Watering - we have a monsoon system spraying every 6 hours for 2 mins (I find it difficult to keep the humidity at 50% in a mesh cage otherwise) am thinking about putting plastic sheet on the back to help with this. she also has a big dripper but is quite shy and I never see her drink from it.
- Fecal Description - not been tested. poops either every day or every other but tiny poops now. used to come to the bottom to poop but the last week, shes just pooping from the basking spot into the plants.
- History - not kept in suitable condition as a juvenile (rescue pet) kept in small terrarium in a set up for what looked like beared dragon. Since having her she is in a full zoomed xl
- Cage Type - mesh-zoomed XL
- Lighting - T5 strip & 75w basking. she use to have double dome (I only use one of the domes) when we got her with a coil daylight bulb & 70w basking which obviously the coiled daylight was not good. currently on a timer from 7am to 7pm but she has been following the natural sun going to bed at 6pm on some days
- Temperature - Lowest overnight temp at the moment is about 17/18 but we have the heating in our house to come on if it reaches 12C in winter (sorry I am clueless over F) cage itself about 22-24 at the top in the day but basking is about 29C we have an anologue thermometer in there and hydrogometer but also use digital to check
- Humidity - 50% by monsoon mister
- Plants - 3 live plants. 1 large drachnea & 1 small one & a large palm. she doesn't eat either. a collect of fake for coverage
- Placement - cage sits on the floor in I guess you can call it a snug. not the living room or a kitchen, a converted dining room. a small proportion of the window is visible and she likes to follow the sun around when she gets it but it get very little direct sun. the window has a blind on it which I pull down so she cant see the sky
- Location - North east uk
Current Problem - roaming the cage frequently and very restless. Not eatting much. 1 hopper a day for more than two weeks. Refusing to eat anything else. More moody than normal
Lay bin in the cage but no observed digging.
No visible sign of mouth rot. Doesnt look dehydrated. Looks ok puffed up but when unpuffed whilst climbing she is starting to look skinny i think.
My main concern is her eatting. How long before i should see a vet on only eatting 1 hopper a day?
Is this normal for a female after getting her receptive colours?