Chameleon not moving

I added a bendable branch after cleaning my panthers cage. He didn’t go to his sleep spot last night and he hasn’t moved off the screen including to feed this morning. I’ve heard they can be hesitant about change and maybe thinking the new branch is a snake. Is this normal? Will he start to explore again soon? He literally slept upside down last night and has barley moved today.

I added a bendable branch after cleaning my panthers cage. He didn’t go to his sleep spot last night and he hasn’t moved off the screen including to feed this morning. I’ve heard they can be hesitant about change and maybe thinking the new branch is a snake. Is this normal? Will he start to explore again soon? He literally slept upside down last night and has barley moved today.
They are not fond of changes. Swapping out a plant or moving branches can throw them off until they understand that they are ok. Typically it takes them a few days to adjust sometimes longer. But make sure it is just the branch and there is nothing wrong with him otherwise. If he normally comes out to you try getting him out and seeing if he is ok or if this helps him calm down when you go to put him back in.

Back
Top Bottom