Chameleon not eating crickets

LuisR2131

This is the enclosure I have for him.

Attachments

• DSC00134.jpg
    DSC00134.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 143
What kind of lighting are you using in this set up for 8 month old? How long has he been in your care? The enclousre looks ok, but is that a waterfall at the bottom?. They are not the best idea really, if you cham poops there and then drinks out of it, they breed bacteria cause it is standing water. I would get rid of that. Not recommended!

If you read my other post, it doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your cham if he does not like crickets anymore! that is just the way it goes. They get tired of the same food day after day! Some people choose to starve theirs into eating the crickets and offering nothing else. I never went that route. It is up to you. I have tried for 3 months off and on to get mine to eat them and he just refuses!

Yeah...try dubia roaches if he won't eat crickets. Also....is that a translucent vieled? Also. Add more live plants to both enclosures.

You should fill this form out and post it in this thread.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/how-ask-help-66/

Honestly, I dont like the way the chameleon looks hunkered down on the branch. Could have just caught him in a weird position but it could be something else. Better to make sure. Also filling the form out will help others give you suggestions or tips on everything:)

More pictures of the chameleon would be great.

For the 8 month old I am using the same as the 2 month old. UVB 5 and 50 watts for the heat bulbs. I live in Florida and the indoor temperature in my apartment is like 78 degrees. Should I use the heat right now. And no I do not have a waterfall. I mist, put ice cubes and the 8 month old also has the dripper.

Yea when I went to take the picture he started hiding. Where can I post more pics. It says I only have room to upload one and thats it.

he might just be on a hunger strike as stated above. switch it up with superworms and roaches.. mine is on a hunger strike from roaches right now..hes a picky little f*cker haha
setup looks good,
jus needs more foliage, and you might want to cover the dirt in the pot. my veiled likes to munch on dirt every now and then..
you using a linear 5.0 bulb or compact?

Yea when I went to take the picture he started hiding. Where can I post more pics. It says I only have room to upload one and thats it.

I could never figure out how to attach photos to posts:eek: So, I just got a photobucket.com account. Download your photos to that, scroll over the picture in your album, copy the IMG code and paste it on your post in here. That has always been the easiest for me.

For the 8 month old I am using the same as the 2 month old. UVB 5 and 50 watts for the heat bulbs. I live in Florida and the indoor temperature in my apartment is like 78 degrees. Should I use the heat right now. And no I do not have a waterfall. I mist, put ice cubes and the 8 month old also has the dripper.

If your temps are 78, you definitely don't need to use any heat for the baby. Your cage is probably even hotter. You can use the basking bulb for the 8 month old though.

Back
Top Bottom