Chameleon names!

20200331_084440.jpg

My panther chameleon is named Maui. I just think of a tropical place when I look at panther chameleons, plus I like the way it sounds.

Now if you ask my kiddos they will tell you she is named after the character in Moana. ? I didn't even think of that until I told them her name and they had brought me a picture from their coloring book. And she was supposed to be a male, so at first we all thought she was a he, which made made the connection to that character even easier for my kids.
I really like that name :)

Johnnie Walker (Red). All my animals are named after liquors. My red nosed pits were all brown liquors and my blue nosed were all clear liquors. I kept the theme going with my chameleon and being a red-bodied that walks around all day, I thought it was fitting.

Gave him Russian name Boris. I’m from Eastern Europe. He looks sooo grumpy and I just couldn’t go with something else. :)

Attachments

• 17548436-F88A-49D3-BE78-90B3A69B7803.jpeg
    17548436-F88A-49D3-BE78-90B3A69B7803.jpeg
    133 KB · Views: 106
i haven't got a cham yet but i was trying to think of names and if i were to get just a green on i might name him olive

I was going to post a "New Rule" proposal that introductions must (optionally, of course :rolleyes: ) include the reason—or preferably the story—behind everyone's chameleon names.

But I figured someone (tootloopfrank er... fruitlooptank) had already thought of that, so I searched first and found...
I want to see all the chameleon names out there! Tell me the names and why you named them that!

(y) So when posting new chameleon names... tell us a stooory... (Please!) I love this kind of s... tuff.

It's a nice name! It reminds me of the Road to Eldarado.
El Dorado (literally, "The Golden One") is one of my favorite (Western) movies.
"I'm lookin' at a... tin star with a... drunk pinned on it."
I'm gonna name my green anole geico :ROFLMAO:
I believe the company spokeslizard is a giant day gecko, but having kept many green anoles over the decades, I get it. If the timing had been right, I prolly would have done the same. ?

Named our boy Riptide McSeabizkit Scaleyhat
I think I know where that one came from... :rolleyes:

Cute!, but why do so many animated chameleons have upside down tails?
Same reason so many animated characters have 3 fingers and wear white gloves?
I expect it's either because the artists weren't paying attention, or so that the characters wouldn't have tails curled between their legs and look like they were... y'know... themselves when they walked upright.
Which kinda begs the question why they walk upright at all, but I digress... ?

i haven't got a cham yet but i was trying to think of names and if i were to get just a green on i might name him olive
But that's a reindeer name... :rolleyes:

There are some really great names & stories here. I haven't chosen or made up a name yet, but I have a list going—and growing. Still a little way off from getting my panther, but when I do, I'll be sure to regale the forum with the story of his name(-ing). ?

Last edited:
What do people call you douche bag? Sorry not sorry
I apologize; it wasn't meant personally or to offend. My warped sense of humor.

The mental image of someone yelling the first thing that comes to mind at their animals...
Well, that's what I anthropomorphized the animals might be thinking.

No, people call me a horse's patoot, which I freely admit to being. ?

Again, I apologize, and I've redacted the remark.

I missed this thread. ?
I have Grumpy. Was originally Miss Skittles before I knew about the real color changing abilities (hence my name). Skittles just didn’t suit her...she‘s just too grumpy.
Stella...No idea why. It just seemed to fit her and still does.
Latest addition is Hammlet...named after his daddy, Hammy. While I am an avid reader, not a fan of Shakespeare. Haven’t yet figured out if the name suits him.

Sage. I got her at a time of healing and needed clarity after losing Fang (betta) several months before. Also I didn't trust anyone else with her as I was her caretaker at my store and wanted to "ward" off evil aka idiots that could have bought her ? so I bought her.
This is her running to my window.

Attachments

• 20200605_155928.jpg
    20200605_155928.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 82
I just named mine Mr. Green from the first movie of The Incredible Hulk. Mr. Blue emails Mr. Green. Chameleons are green and so are Hulks.

Attachments

• Incredible-hulk-mrblue.jpg
    Incredible-hulk-mrblue.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 84
Our first cham was a male veiled named "Elrond". Named after the king of the elves in Lord of the Rings. Mostly because he actually looked like the actor.
Our new cham who is a 3 month old male panther is "Loki" named after the Norse god of mischief and trickery. When we picked him up from FedEx, he almost jumped out of the little deli container and starting running around in the car. When we got him into his baby bin, we would look and he'd be on a branch and look away for a sec and he'd be up on the rim of the top.
1591555750114.png

Back
Top Bottom