Chameleon moving issues

Jc555

Hi just for a disclaimer i posted this in the health problem because it could potentially be one. So normally my chameleon (being winter) is usually high perched on the highest basking spot. And today was his feeding day and he adjusts himself to get the food and i hear an extremely disgusting noise it sounded as if his skin was cracking, and i thought maybe im hearing things but he adjusted himself again and i heard the same thing. I immediately sprayed him down i think he just was really dry and hadnt got water yet, he ate just fine and everything just wondering if anyone ever experienced this?

General info for those who want it:
Light situation: UVB 5.0 reptisun 24in
and two 60w daylight basking bulbs (Not super strong to overheat or anything)
I havent noticed anything negative about his behavior or anything as well other than now he eats every other day than everyday, but people on this forum recommended me that for his age. Thanks

Hi just for a disclaimer i posted this in the health problem because it could potentially be one. So normally my chameleon (being winter) is usually high perched on the highest basking spot. And today was his feeding day and he adjusts himself to get the food and i hear an extremely disgusting noise it sounded as if his skin was cracking, and i thought maybe im hearing things but he adjusted himself again and i heard the same thing. I immediately sprayed him down i think he just was really dry and hadnt got water yet, he ate just fine and everything just wondering if anyone ever experienced this?

General info for those who want it:
Light situation: UVB 5.0 reptisun 24in
and two 60w daylight basking bulbs (Not super strong to overheat or anything)
I havent noticed anything negative about his behavior or anything as well other than now he eats every other day than everyday, but people on this forum recommended me that for his age. Thanks
I hear it as mine start to shed. Is he due to shed?

If it is a popping sound that can be a sign of a respiratory infection. If that is the case he would also have stringy or soapy saliva you would see when his mouth is open.

If it is a popping sound that can be a sign of a respiratory infection. If that is the case he would also have stringy or soapy saliva you would see when his mouth is open.
Dosent sound like what i heard

but to be safe what would other symptoms be?

Any photos of the chameleon? How is his mobility while roaming the cage? Is it possible you heard his tail pulling on something in the cage making that noise?

The gooey saliva is the most obvious sign along with the popping noise. You might see poor appetite, open mouth breathing or sleeping during the day.

Back
Top Bottom