Chameleon missing food

My male 2 year old ambilobe chameleon seems to be missing his food more than usual, maybe 1-2 times I feed him. A couple days ago his tongue got stuck to the tweezers and he was able to pull it off and eat the hornworm but maybe it caused injury? Today when I fed him I had a cup up to him and when he shot his tongue it went slightly up as he was shooting it. He got all of the rest of the bugs first try but is there anything that I should do?

I would get Hum to start drinking and then as the mouth is opening and shutting stick a cricket, head first, BETWEEN HIS TEETH so he won’t have to shoot the tongue out for a couple of days.

Was he missing prior to hitting the tongs? What is your supplement routine?

Note for anyone else reading this... Tongs are not recommended to use when feeding a cham. If they miss and you pull on the tongs you can hyper extend the tongue causing quite a bit of damage. Minor cases can heal but extreme cases can need amputation.

Was he missing prior to hitting the tongs? What is your supplement routine?

Note for anyone else reading this... Tongs are not recommended to use when feeding a cham. If they miss and you pull on the tongs you can hyper extend the tongue causing quite a bit of damage. Minor cases can heal but extreme cases can need amputation.
It was not messing before I will let his tongue heal for a few days. My supplements are calcium non d 3 Saturday and Monday every day 3-4 bugs and switch off between multivitamin and d3 on Thursday 3-4 bugs

It was not messing before I will let his tongue heal for a few days. My supplements are calcium non d 3 Saturday and Monday every day 3-4 bugs and switch off between multivitamin and d3 on Thursday 3-4 bugs
And which multivitamin are you using?

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom