Chameleon Making Squeaking noise.

JOSHWAH

Hi Everyone
My chameleon is about 3-4 months old now and she has been eating and drinking pretty well, her poops all good, but today about 5 times i saw her just face up and open her mouth and made a squeaking noise, more like a high pitch meow. Please let me know if you need any photos, videos etc

Are you able to get a video if her doing it? It would help us target the problem better. Also how hot is her basking temperature?

if she seems to do it ONLY when u hold her that means she is most likely just pissed at u and wants you to put her down. If she is doing it while she is just climbing in your enclosure see the comment above mine from @jajeanpierre

She could be hissing at you, but she could also have some sort of respiratory infection or blockage, so a trip to the vet is definitely necessary. They will hide signs of problems almost until it's too late, which means that you need to act now!

Sounds like it could be a respiratory infection. A trip to the vet is warranted.
I remember reading on here that some will make a squealing sound. I will ask Lynda(Kinyonga). I think she was the one that posted about it before. But yes, it could also be a RI problem.

You lot are so quick to think the worst and take the Chams to the vets,

CHILL OUT my Cham eats too fast and the squeaking sound always happens after eating or drinking, it’s not a respiratory problem it’s just like a human burping or hiccuping...

My babies have made a squeak occasionally, but maybe once or twice as babies. People have observed this behavior in healthy babies, but again its a rare thing not a normal occurrence.

If it happens often enough that you can observe it, especially with mouth open, it is probably an RI. Same is true in humans - if there is noise when breathing you’ve got a problem.

CHILL OUT my Cham eats too fast and the squeaking sound always happens after eating or drinking, it’s not a respiratory problem it’s just like a human burping or hiccuping...

This is a very old thread it is likely that the OP and many of the people that posted to it are not around to respond to your comment.
Thank you for sharing your observation. Squeeking or popping can be a sign of a respiratory infection and as mentioned above should be observed closely and if there are other signs like ropy saliva, poor appetite etc a veterinary exam is warranted.

This thread is over 2 years old; how far out of your way did you go to make this pointless complaint? Squeaking noises can be a sign of respiratory infection. No one jumped the gun here.

I've mentioned before on this forum how many potential male suitors my feeders (and chameleon really) have scared off! My brothers won't touch the feeders OR the chameleon--I could use some replacements in my life... :wideyed:

Back
Top Bottom