Chameleon looks unhappy :(

Lizardking303523

Hey everyone I’m new to the forum, was just curious as to why my chameleon looks unhappy and sometimes tries to get out of its terrarium

Welcome to the forum, can you post a picture of your full enclosure including the lights on top of it? That will help people determine if any changes need to be made.

Welcome to the forum, can you post a picture of your full enclosure including the lights on top of it? That will help people determine if any changes need to be made.
- I’m at work right now but he does have a glass enclosure at the moment mainly bc I just got him and the stores near me didn’t have the things I needed so I ordered them online and they’re still coming in

Hey everyone I’m new to the forum, was just curious as to why my chameleon looks unhappy and sometimes tries to get out of its terrarium

Hi :) yes, definitely send some pics.

I have a female and when she was getting ready to lay, she would scratch at the walls and seemed very unsettled.

You might have to make some adjustments on the enclosure, lighting, etc. Or maybe the enclosure is near something that is bothering or causing your cham to be in distress.

More information and pics would be great!

Hi :) yes, definitely send some pics.

I have a female and when she was getting ready to lay, she would scratch at the walls and seemed very unsettled.

You might have to make some adjustments on the enclosure, lighting, etc. Or maybe the enclosure is near something that is bothering or causing your cham to be in distress.

More information and pics would be great!
- I have her by a window and there’s a tree there so maybe she sees it and is trying to get to it cause she tries climbing up the blinds. Her poop is brownish with a little yellow so I don’t think she’s super dehydrated. I’m just worried hahaha first time chameleon owner

When they are constantly trying to get out it can mean they don't like the enclosure. Please post pictures of the enclosure when you can and complete the How To Ask for Help forum located in the health clinic section of this forum. Welcome to the forums.

- I have her by a window and there’s a tree there so maybe she sees it and is trying to get to it cause she tries climbing up the blinds. Her poop is brownish with a little yellow so I don’t think she’s super dehydrated. I’m just worried hahaha first time chameleon owner

Oh, I know how it feels to be a new cham owner! What kind of cham do you have? Name?

She is a veiled cham, her name is pickle. I just want her to feel comfy /:

Well, you probably have a lot to learn, they are definitely more of a challenging pet. If you haven't yet, check out the care sheets... they will have all the answers for a great setup. Search the discussions and ask questions. Let me know if you need any help. Welcome, Pickles!

Here’s some pictures for you guys for now

Attachments

• 18077744-4B58-4779-B31B-FE0FD881FE12.png
    18077744-4B58-4779-B31B-FE0FD881FE12.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 179
  • 0C194741-A9B7-4EAB-98CC-88F74BBCCBB8.png
    0C194741-A9B7-4EAB-98CC-88F74BBCCBB8.png
    759.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 74BAB642-B5D9-4841-BE40-A7D28901E8F5.png
    74BAB642-B5D9-4841-BE40-A7D28901E8F5.png
    509.7 KB · Views: 192
  • A9982E67-7C3B-428A-B3D1-149E519F631B.png
    A9982E67-7C3B-428A-B3D1-149E519F631B.png
    521 KB · Views: 161
  • F8E219F0-BAC6-48ED-B717-84DB7363E949.png
    F8E219F0-BAC6-48ED-B717-84DB7363E949.png
    623.7 KB · Views: 165
I'm sure there will be others to confirm this... but it looks like Pickles is probably a female.

Do you have pics of your enclosure? I know you said you had stuff on order... just want to make sure you have the right stuff for Pickles.

I’ll send the pictures of her enclosure, since she’s a female does that mean I need a separate place for her to lay ? How do I know when she’s going to ?

I’ll send the pictures of her enclosure, since she’s a female does that mean I need a separate place for her to lay ? How do I know when she’s going to ?

The very first thing you must do is read the care sheets. Everyone is going to ask you to do that repeatedly. I can send links, if that's easier?

Yes, she will need a lay bin. Oftentimes people keep a lay bin in the enclosure year round so that it's ready when she's ready. Having a female adds another layer of responsibility, so you must prepare for it.

Back
Top Bottom