chameleon laying eggs

martyfrost

I don't know if I was wrong for doing this but I legit panicked. Its my veiled chameleon first time laying eggs I'm a bit informed on whats going on with her but I went to check up on her to see if she was okay and I saw her asleep I moved her head and she wasn't responding at all I got so scared and I picked her up to see if she would respond it took her about a few sec to respond and she layed just one egg thats all I saw just one I'm scared that I messed it up for her is she going to be fine I put her back in her hole it looks like she still want to lay them.

It is never a good idea to disturb a female laying eggs! Let's hope she does not get egg bound and give her some space and privacy. It is also OK if she stays in the hole sleeping for the night. She will finish up her business early in the morning if she is left undisturbed. Good luck!

Thank you in the middle of the night she was dinning I think and I don’t know it was my first time and inpannicked I checked to see if she was asleep and she wouldn’t open her eyes

It is exhausting for them to dig and lay. From the people I have talked too, it is pretty common for them to nap in the hole or even spend the night in it. You can wrap a sheet around the sides of her cage to give her privacy. Some people put a go pro in the cage to monitor the egg laying progress. Good luck!

Is she eating and drinking? 62 is ALLOT of eggs. I recommend feeding her less food and lowering the temps alittle to try to get the clutch size smaller.
yes sh is she's perfect and its not a lot thats hoe much they should lay they lay from 30 to 80 eggs

its not that how much eggs they should be laying they can lay from 30 to 80 eggs
They CAN lay between 30 to 80 eggs...BUT what @jannb was trying to tell you was it is not good for a female to lay that many eggs. It robs them of much needed calcium. Listen to Jann she is very experienced. Females tend to live a shorter life because of egg laying.

Back
Top Bottom