Chameleon is constantly dark green

I also have this tank, I'm not sure if I should put him in there, it can be alot of traveling to get up and down it for the little guy and seems as I only have a few live plants he won't have much foliage, also I will be removing the carpet as I have herd it has bacterial problems, so I need to think of another way to help the sticks stand up
View attachment 285584
Fill it up and make it perfect because they grow fast and honestly you can put him in there now if you want or in a month or two.

i have moved the branch down 5 inches but now need to figure how to move the ubv up 4 inches, ill wake up earlier to feed him a
Some people use blocks on the ends of the fixture. I have seen others put the enclosure on a wire shelving system. Then you have the shelf hold your fixtures 4 inches above.

You can use zip ties to hook sticks... It has more airflow which is better especially for someone that is newer to chameleons. This husbandry program would really help you. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

And they would do just fine in this setup as well. Size is not an issue when you set up all elements correctly. But UVB would be the same lifted 4 inches off the top and then a 5-inch drop from the screen to the closest branch. Because you do not want him screen climbing the top and getting too close. Same with the basking fixture. Thermal burns can happen easily when a baby is able to get too close.
the issue with the big screen tank is heating, it will stay around 23 celsius through the day bt at night when my family come home and the radiators are switched on then the heat goes to 26 which is fine for it, however,to keep it on 23 i need to have the heat lamp running 24/7 and that can't be good, when I put him in there first he would only climb up the mesh sides and would get very close to the heat lamp UVB as he would just sit on top of the tank, also because its all-screen heat doesn't stay in it making keeping it optimal temp a pain and humidity is also a pain but I can get more plants for that

the issue with the big screen tank is heating, it will stay around 23 celsius through the day bt at night when my family come home and the radiators are switched on then the heat goes to 26 which is fine for it, however,to keep it on 23 i need to have the heat lamp running 24/7 and that can't be good, when I put him in there first he would only climb up the mesh sides and would get very close to the heat lamp UVB as he would just sit on top of the tank, also because its all-screen heat doesn't stay in it making keeping it optimal temp a pain and humidity is also a pain but I can get more plants for that
You can get a heater instead of using a light

You can get a heater instead of using a light
20201215_212346.jpg
20201215_212351.jpg

It is a heater, its the highest and biggest one i could find in the UK

You can use the exo terra glass enclosure. but you do not want to be misting the cage when the temps are hotter. This makes it so that you have an increased risk of the baby getting a Respiratory infection.

The temp is fine you don't heat at night unless your house drops below 50 a good temperature drop at night is beneficial for some cham . I worried at the beginning when I moved my girl from a glass exoterra into a repti breeze . To help with night humidity I taped back and 1 side up with hydroponic plactic

You can use the exo terra glass enclosure. but you do not want to be misting the cage when the temps are hotter. This makes it so that you have an increased risk of the baby getting a Respiratory infection.
the small one I'm using now stays at 27 to 26 celsius i think that's around 80 in Farren height so should i do heavy misting less or more light mistings? also will moving the UVB and basking spot help with the constant dark green colors my chameleon is showing. is it not a supplement issue or anything to do with food? also,i do see him close one of his eyes for a few seconds either its an uncomfortable long blink or something else, and it's not always the same eye

the small one I'm using now stays at 27 to 26 celsius i think that's around 80 in Farren height so should i do heavy misting less or more light mistings? also will moving the UVB and basking spot help with the constant dark green colors my chameleon is showing. is it not a supplement issue or anything to do with food? also,i do see him close one of his eyes for a few seconds either its an uncomfortable long blink or something else, and it's not always the same eye
Eye issues have a lot of potential reasons... Supplementation is off, illness, stress, something stuck in the eye.

Your UVB was to close and that can contribute as well.

The babies colors are normal from what you are showing.

You would mist in the morning and evenings. then use a dripper during the day. So prior to the temps getting warmer and after they start to cool. You should not be adding heat at all at night. They need the temp drop and can handle it down to 50 F without issue.

The temp is fine you don't heat at night unless your house drops below 50 a good temperature drop at night is beneficial for some cham . I worried at the beginning when I moved my girl from a glass exoterra into a repti breeze . To help with night humidity I taped back and 1 side up with hydroponic plactic
50 farren? because that in celsius is 10 ahah id be cold at that temp ahah or am I just being dumb XD

Lol so would I but if your cham has had correct temps during the day they will be fine this only an example to give you piece of mind I'm also in the uk my girl temps only dropped to 59 f

Lol so would I but if your cham has had correct temps during the day they will be fine this only an example to give you piece of mind I'm also in the uk my girl temps only dropped to 59 f
no way ahaha from what I read it says it shouldn't go below 65 which is 18 in celcius ahaha but if it can drop lower then that's great ahaha wont have to keep a sweat on at night anymore thanks guys ill set the night temp now

no way ahaha from what I read it says it shouldn't go below 65 which is 18 in celcius ahaha but if it can drop lower then that's great ahaha wont have to keep a sweat on at night anymore thanks guys ill set the night temp now
Read through the info on this site... https://chameleonacademy.com/
IT is accurate unlike many others... My boys have a temp drop down to 60 F. and are perfectly healthy.

Back
Top Bottom