Chameleon in living room

my chameleon is in my living room and I am not sure about wether or not it is the best place for him. The only other place I can put him is in my room but it is hard for me to get to her in my bedroom. Also my cats are always in there but I usually am in my living room so I wouldn't be able to watch them and make sure they stay away from him. Also when I am not home my grandmother watches him and she can't get to my room. But my other cat is in the living room and the tv in there is usually on and I am concerned it stresses him out. I have no other place to put him. What should I do?

my chameleon is in my living room and I am not sure about wether or not it is the best place for him. The only other place I can put him is in my room but it is hard for me to get to her in my bedroom. Also my cats are always in there but I usually am in my living room so I wouldn't be able to watch them and make sure they stay away from him. Also when I am not home my grandmother watches him and she can't get to my room. But my other cat is in the living room and the tv in there is usually on and I am concerned it stresses him out. I have no other place to put him. What should I do?

You can put a dark sheet or towel over his cage at night so the light from the tv doesn't keep him awake. Most noise won't bother him unless its loud very low frequency type vibration. The images moving might distract him but again, a towel could help that. I'd be a lot more worried about your cats. The cage MUST be very stable so they can't tip it over, get on top of it, or claw the doors open. And, make sure the cats don't just sit and stare at him. He'll need places in the cage where he can hide from view completely.

My Cham is setup in my living room and he does fine. He doesn't stress at all. IN fact....it stresses ME out because once he sees me he's always wanting me to take him out of his cage! I have him opposite of my TV so I'm just careful about TV volumes. This is especially true if you have like a system with a subwoofer.

My cham is in the living room as well, come nighttime I just put a soft blanket over his terrarium and no problems :) then the cats are in the bedroom and sleep with me at night:D

My Marvin is also in my living area. My kitchen is open to my living room and he is on the border of both spaces. I haven't had any concerns with him as far as that. I think as long as you don't blare your TV, stomp your feet, and shine lights on him all night, he should be fine. Of course, I am FAR from an expert; in fact, he is my first cham. I am definitely learning as I go. I can't count how many people I have spoken with who have had chams for years, or how many books I have read and researching I have done. So far, so good; although he was pretty sick for a few weeks, and I had to "force" feed him. He's doing so much better now. Good luck with your cham! :)

My Marvin is also in my living area. My kitchen is open to my living room and he is on the border of both spaces. I haven't had any concerns with him as far as that. I think as long as you don't blare your TV, stomp your feet, and shine lights on him all night, he should be fine. Of course, I am FAR from an expert; in fact, he is my first cham. I am definitely learning as I go. I can't count how many people I have spoken with who have had chams for years, or how many books I have read and researching I have done. So far, so good; although he was pretty sick for a few weeks, and I had to "force" feed him. He's doing so much better now. Good luck with your cham! :)
Thanks! I hope your Cham feels better

Back
Top Bottom