Chameleon hasn't pooped in a while...

In the future just avoid warm water sprays... room temp is what is recommended as what may feel like warm water to us can be too hot for them. Happy to hear he passed a fecal. Might want to put a dripper on the cage during the day so he has access to additional hydration.
Yeah water wasn't hot I usually do warm to the touch temperature for his shedding as well. Thank you all for the help. I have a mister set up for his enclosure as well.

Yeah water wasn't hot I usually do warm to the touch temperature for his shedding as well. Thank you all for the help. I have a mister set up for his enclosure as well.
So glad that you’re big guy pooped.
I’ve learned that water that just barely feels slightly warm can be around 90F. Play it safe and avoid using lukewarm water. Also, just have to let you know that unlike most other reptiles, chameleons are dry shedders. Water actually makes it harder for them to shed properly.

Just another little suggestion when you dust his feeders with supplement do it very lightly, no powdered doughnut looking bugs. You should barely see the powder. Large amounts of calcium and some other vitamins can slow the digestive tract and promote constipation.

So glad that you’re big guy pooped.
I’ve learned that water that just barely feels slightly warm can be around 90F. Play it safe and avoid using lukewarm water. Also, just have to let you know that unlike most other reptiles, chameleons are dry shedders. Water actually makes it harder for them to shed properly.
Thank you I had no idea..no wonder the tip of his crown won't shed oops..

Back
Top Bottom