Chameleon gave Birth?

Cammy27

Hi...
So a few months back I asked for some advice for my chameleon that did not eat, many of you suggested I let it go into the wild, but I couldn’t do it...I’m already attached...any case she did not eat because she was shedding...

for the past 2 weeks she did not eat a lot but this morning she gave birth to 8 kiddies. I need advice on how to take care of them...they are really really small andI could not find small crickets for them. Some user suggested Gerber’a first food, in SA we have purity, will that also work? Here is a picture of how small they are

I did not even know that mama was pregnant...I don’t have a male only female and I have her now for 9 months

Attachments

• 22A87738-2E39-4304-851A-F8232C0EA6D6.jpeg
    22A87738-2E39-4304-851A-F8232C0EA6D6.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 130
  • B0BCD4A1-B634-4511-B4F4-DB772AA82048.jpeg
    B0BCD4A1-B634-4511-B4F4-DB772AA82048.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 129
  • D27D8300-5E47-47A6-941E-355B238391A3.jpeg
    D27D8300-5E47-47A6-941E-355B238391A3.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 120
Hi...
So a few months back I asked for some advice for my chameleon that did not eat, many of you suggested I let it go into the wild, but I couldn’t do it...I’m already attached...any case she did not eat because she was shedding...

for the past 2 weeks she did not eat a lot but this morning she gave birth to 8 kiddies. I need advice on how to take care of them...they are really really small andI could not find small crickets for them. Some user suggested Gerber’a first food, in SA we have purity, will that also work? Here is a picture of how small they are

I did not even know that mama was pregnant...I don’t have a male only female and I have her now for 9 months
For babies you can find flightless fruit Flys st the pet shop thats what your supposed to feed them also are these jscksons im going to assume? I've heard jackson babies are harder to raise im not saying you can't do it im just saying its going to be a bit more challenging. If you go to the search bar just look up jackson babies or something until someone more educated can respond.

Hi...

So you have a Jackson’s chameleon?

Forget it, I just checked your original post, and Jackson’s aren’t from South Africa. Maybe some species of bradypodion, given it’s a live bearer.

Forget it, I just checked your original post, and Jackson’s aren’t from South Africa. Maybe some species of bradypodion, given it’s a live bearer.
These aren't jacksons?

Nvm i looked at the picture and they definitely don't look like jacksons

@Mawtyplant, can you identify the species?
too me it look like a sp. of bradypodion maybe with the specific region where he coming from that will probably help with id.

Personally.. relating the baby where the mother was is probably their best chance of surviving.. its probably an endanger sp. ? and I took lot of experience to raise Brady from baby to adult. Please give them their beats chance and don't wait to much! (by releasing them.. yes I was talking about relating the baby and eventually the mother, please make a distance between them she will not take care of the baby they are genetically programmed to take care of them self in the wild

These aren't jacksons?

Nvm i looked at the picture and they definitely don't look like jacksons
(the baby don't look like Jackson ;) - there few subtle differences with the face and the pattern (baby Jackson already have the "horn look" on the face and Brady are much more smoother)

if.. however you refuse to let them go, start with fruit fly and fog them with dense fog every day for 30 minutes and smooth fog for the night with a good air flow, don't spray them directly they hate this, dust the fruit fly with calcium every 2 meal and vitamins every week.. you will also need a really more dense planted terrarium. so make ready to empty your wallet ;) and still.. probably have 5% of chance of surviving over 4 months inside

I thought it was a gravid/pregnant female you had...but I don't know the exact species.

Live born babies are not easy as a rule to raise from birth in captivity...but you definitely need to find some live small insects.
They have to be kept separate from the mom of course.
I'm not sure if they need to be kept individually (in separate cages) as well.

@PetNcs or Chris Anderson might know the species.

I thought it was a gravid/pregnant female you had...but I don't know the exact species.

Live born babies are not easy as a rule to raise from birth in captivity...but you definitely need to find some live small insects.

This might help identify it...
https://www.tyroneping.co.za/chameleons-south-africa-2/

@PetNcs or Chris Anderson might know the species.

I
Would
Gladly assist but the pictures are
So blurry that without better ones, I can only ask
For better pics and pic of the mum

Back
Top Bottom