Chameleon falling and clinging

waynederby

I have just cleaned my chams cage and changed the newspaper.... Some of the decor has shifted around a bit and while i was cleaning it out, she fell 3 times almost top to bottom (4 feet)..... Its been about 1 hour since and she keeps climbing on the cage itself and wont go onto her plant, branches, vines etc....

She shows no sign of physical damage...

Any suggestions?

She could be feeling a bit disorientated because of the change. When my girl is unhappy she will climb the mesh even though there are branches and vines everywhere. Also, chameleons will drop to the bottom if they feel threatened. They let go of whatever they ate on and literally drop but don't worry, this is natural behaviour and they puff their body up to cushion the fall. Give get as much space and privacy as you can do she can get used to her new surroundings and she should be just fine :)

EDIT: just re read that. You were cleaning when she was in and things were shaking you mean? If so she would have definately felt threatened and still should be just fine :)

She could be feeling a bit disorientated because of the change. When my girl is unhappy she will climb the mesh even though there are branches and vines everywhere. Also, chameleons will drop to the bottom if they feel threatened. They let go of whatever they ate on and literally drop but don't worry, this is natural behaviour and they puff their body up to cushion the fall. Give get as much space and privacy as you can do she can get used to her new surroundings and she should be just fine :)

EDIT: just re read that. You were cleaning when she was in and things were shaking you mean? If so she would have definately felt threatened and still should be just fine :)

Thanks for that, just bought her a new plant hopefully cheer her up :)

Back
Top Bottom