Chameleon Fall

reb28

About ten minutes ago my chameleon fell from the top of her cage to the bottom. I think she fell as a defense mechanism because she has never fallen before. I have been out of the room since, trying to not stress her out even more. I don't know what to do, because when she fell she turned very dark, and I am not sure if she is dying. I would take her to the vet, but she has never let me pick her up, and to be honest if I tried to right now she would probably die of stress.

Ok so I just checked on her again, and she looks like she is doing a lot better. She is climbing the branches. I’m not going to go in there again, because I don’t want to stress her out.

I expect she's fine—maybe just a little stunned—as long as she didn't fall on anything too hard/sharp.

My male panther occasionally falls, seems to get mad/surly/disgusted(?) about it, then picks himself up and climbs back up again. I've checked him, but so far not found any bruises or wounds.

The few times I've seen it happen, it's because he puts his weight on a too-small branch of his umbrella tree, or a leaf of the mass cane.

I think the important thing here is to figure out why the fall actually happened. Like @kinyonga said photos are helpful. But Also we need to see photos of the entire cage including the lighting on top and we need to know what supplements you are using and how often.
Falls should very rarely happen in a cage that is set up correctly. So we look to possible health issues to rule those out.

Back
Top Bottom