Chameleon Eye Going White

The heat and uvb bulb that I have is all I can do right now. I got the setup how it is with her in it and I already upgraded the UVB bulb because I didn't know how old it was. I would like to upgrade to the linear fixture but I don't have the money to right now. For the supplements I use Zoo Med. Calcium with d3, without d3, and multivitamin. I appreciate everyone's concern but I think I got my answer for the eye. I'm sure it's just her rolling her eye back. Thank you
If you want to play the guessing game then you can but it’s not right. As for not having the money I understand but it’s really crucial to her life, not having it will lead to many health problems and even death so get it as soon as you can! You can try applying for Care Credit for vet bills but I encourage you to get her to a chameleon experienced vet because the behavior you described isn’t normal. You must change everything suggested in order to provide her a good lasting life. I’m not trying to be rude I’m just trying to help so im sorry if I come off rude. Chameleons are very expensive animals just an FYI a lot of the stuff they NEED can be pricey etc. and they need proper care to ensure their health. (Look at the link I put as well she has many great videos)
https://m.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBIQ8JMBGAEiEwi4sd750f7uAhWOisQKHVPjDo8%3D&disable_polymer=true&rootVe=3611

What brand and strength of coil UVB bulb do you have? Bill Strand has a “transitioning from the Chameleon Kit” entry on his website (The Chameleon Academy), which tells you how to use the coil bulb until you can upgrade to a T5 HO (which needs to happen ASAP). Does your multivitamin have D3 in it? Here’s the link: https://chameleonacademy.com/ep-171-transitioning-from-the-chameleon-kit/
Also, just from your description of her eye, I don’t think what she’s doing is normal. Do you have/could you film a video of her doing it, then post it on here, please?
I have a Reptile UVB 100 13w Exo Terra tropical bulb. I don't know if my multivitamin has d3 or not. She's not really doing anything, her eye just goes white and then the pupil comes back when I do something.

If you want to play the guessing game then you can but it’s not right. As for not having the money I understand but it’s really crucial to her life, not having it will lead to many health problems and even death so get it as soon as you can! You can try applying for Care Credit for vet bills but I encourage you to get her to a chameleon experienced vet because the behavior you described isn’t normal. You must change everything suggested in order to provide her a good lasting life. I’m not trying to be rude I’m just trying to help so im sorry if I come off rude. Chameleons are very expensive animals just an FYI a lot of the stuff they NEED can be pricey etc. and they need proper care to ensure their health. (Look at the link I put as well she has many great videos)
https://m.youtube.com/c/NeptunetheChameleon/videos?disable_polymer=true&itct=CBIQ8JMBGAEiEwi4sd750f7uAhWOisQKHVPjDo8%3D&disable_polymer=true&rootVe=3611
I'm doing the best I can. I don't feel very welcome so I won't ever be back. Thank you

I have a Reptile UVB 100 13w Exo Terra tropical bulb. I don't know if my multivitamin has d3 or not. She's not really doing anything, her eye just goes white and then the pupil comes back when I do something.
With the UVI chart from the link I provided, the readings were from a Zoo Med 5.0 13W compact coil UVB bulb. I would use that bulb instead if you have to (usually around $15), but for just around $50-$70 (usually without shipping) you can get a T5 HO linear light fixture and Arcadia 6% T5 HO linear UVB Bulb, so I would recommend you get that instead if you can afford it. Your multivitamin should say it on the label. Could you still post a video of her doing it, please?

I'm doing the best I can. I don't feel very welcome so I won't ever be back. Thank you
People just get really emotional on here, so sometimes things come out sounding harsher than what was meant. I would really like you to stay on here, so please don’t go!

I understand you are upset but that isnt fair to the chameleon for you to leave. We are doing the best with what we have and you have to work with us if you want your cham to live. If you cannot afford to help her then you should consider rehoming her because this is part of owning a chameleon, "just her eye rolling back" is not normal and should be taken care of asap.

We are a very passionate bunch and want to help you and your chameleon. Sometimes some things can’t and shouldn’t be sugar-coated. We know you love your chameleon and are doing your best. Unfortunately, the harsh truth is that chameleons need very specific things and without them, they become ill and eventually perish. We can’t tell you it’s ok to have or do things that will lead to this. I hope you’ll check out the link @ERKleRose provided. Chameleon Academy is perhaps the most accurate and up to date keeping information you’ll find. For those who for whatever reason aren’t able to obtain the correct uvb for some time, it’s often suggested to take the cham outside for some natural unfiltered sunlight a few times a week. As you are near Vegas, it should be warm enough to do this. Do make sure to get the correct supplements that have been recommended as those are very needed and aren’t usually terribly expensive.
We want your chameleon to be healthy and thrive and want to help you learn how to make that happen.

Well!!!! Hope you come back.. Having a 2 year old and not knowing her behaviors for the last 2 years, you did nothing wrong by asking that interesting question. Thanks! A picture of her behavior would be awesome ( I have seen them sleep with their eye lids not fully closed and people too). Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom