Chameleon eye bubble and bulging

ashie

Hey everyone! I’m new here this is my first post and i’ve only had a chameleon about 2.5 months now so I have a lot of questions still! We just had a health scare because we thought he might have a respiratory infection, turns out he just hasn’t been drinking enough water so he got a needle and we were given some fluids and instructions to get him a speedy recovery but we brought him home today and I noticed this in his eye do this weird bubble thing. I’ve seen it happen to him before and did research which supported that it’s just a cleaning habit but it was very enlarged and bubbled when he blinked as seen in the photos a few times today and that being after the infection scare I just got nervous and was hoping for some reliable answers or info from anyone who’s experienced this as well and make sure it’s okay or know if I should be worried!
thank you!

Attachments

• 7FE3EFD4-E3A2-4642-A2B7-15A2128F2704.jpeg
    7FE3EFD4-E3A2-4642-A2B7-15A2128F2704.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 220
  • 8F74B6CB-CC58-466A-954A-37FA3265D568.jpeg
    8F74B6CB-CC58-466A-954A-37FA3265D568.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 308
  • EB1E413F-07AF-4720-A0F1-3C2D15D179A8.jpeg
    EB1E413F-07AF-4720-A0F1-3C2D15D179A8.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 250
Maybe give him a long misting so you can help him clean his eye out. When they bulge it out they are cleaning it. He probably has something he’s trying to get out.

Hi and welcome! You can try an extra long misting session, but don’t mist him directly. However, I do think you should take him back to the vet for an eye flush. It’s very possible he has some debris stuck in his eye that he isn’t able to clean out on his own.
Since you’re new and have had some issues, I’m going to direct you to https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Read thru all of the modules and make sure you have all of your husbandry correct. If you’d like a more personal touch, you can fill out the help form in the health forum, how to ask for help, and someone can go over it all for you. :)

Hi and welcome! You can try an extra long misting session, but don’t mist him directly. However, I do think you should take him back to the vet for an eye flush. It’s very possible he has some debris stuck in his eye that he isn’t able to clean out on his own.
Since you’re new and have had some issues, I’m going to direct you to https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ Read thru all of the modules and make sure you have all of your husbandry correct. If you’d like a more personal touch, you can fill out the help form in the health forum, how to ask for help, and someone can go over it all for you. :)
wow thank you so much! ill check out the modules that’s so helpful! I think you’re right about the husbandry too he’s been acting weird in there lately but i’ll do the misting thing and see if he feels better :)

wow thank you so much! ill check out the modules that’s so helpful! I think you’re right about the husbandry too he’s been acting weird in there lately but i’ll do the misting thing and see if he feels better :)
Hey so I don’t know if you’ll see this but my cham had the same problem. I took her to the vet and she got her eyes flushed. I was sure she had some stuck shed or something in her eyes since when I purchased her she had stuck shed on her head. The vet gave me some eye drops which I put as prescribed and my chams been fine ever since. I’ve had some scares but had help of people on here. Recently had a vet appointment online and everything was fine and my cham looks happy and content. I hope your cham is ok now! :) I’m gonna read over your other thread now and see if I can be any help

What do mean by needle? A syringe, needle, or something else? Also, how did you give him water? Chameleons‘ airways are at the front of their mouths, so you have to be careful to not aspirate them

Fogging at night will really boost your chameleons hydration. Eye issues can also be from vitamin a deficiency, infection or parasites but will be hard to tell without a vet. Keep checking if it is getting bigger or starts to change color because that is BAD.

Back
Top Bottom