Chameleon Day

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
If there was an annual day to celebrate chameleons what date would you suggest and why?

crossing season 4 GIF

Probably on December 30th.

"Why?"
Well, I'm glad you asked. I have a friend, who happens to be me, whose birthday is on that day. And what better way to celebrate a birthday than to buy a bunch of chameleons?

Or, hear me out, it could be on @kinyonga's birthday as it marks the birthdate of the last dinosaur in existence. And since chameleons are like mini dinosaurs, it wouldn't be too much of a leap.

Probably on December 30th.

"Why?"
Well, I'm glad you asked. I have a friend, who happens to be me, whose birthday is on that day. And what better way to celebrate a birthday than to buy a bunch of chameleons?

Or, hear me out, it could be on @kinyonga's birthday as it marks the birthdate of the last dinosaur in existence. And since chameleons are like mini dinosaurs, it wouldn't be too much of a leap.
Very funny on both counts. 😏

How about the second day of Spring April 2nd (not April 1)? The beginning of chameleons in the northern hemisphere (in captivity and the wild) going outside and experience the best weather of the year.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

How about the second day of Spring April 2nd (not April 1)? The beginning of chameleons in the northern hemisphere (in captivity and the wild) going outside and experience the best weather of the year.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
I'm not against this idea--it's actually really good. It's just not when my birthday is... So I'm gonna have to veto. Also, even though Australians cannot legally keep chameleons, if they did, I think they would feel very excluded by this seasonal date, especially with their upside-down seasons they have over there.

What about Linnaeus birthday since he's credited with Chamaeleo chameleon in 1758...unless someone knows someone who had an earlier credit.

I'm not against this idea--it's actually really good. It's just not when my birthday is... So I'm gonna have to veto. Also, even though Australians cannot legally keep chameleons, if they did, I think they would feel very excluded by this seasonal date, especially with their upside-down seasons they have over there.
I was not asking about your birthday. I am thinking about Northern Hemiphere chameleons. However if you are craving attention for your birthday. When your birthday arrives everybody on the Chameleon Forums may have to think of a surprise for you so you are not left out.

Okay Mendez?

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Looks like there’s already a National Chameleon Day.
https://whatnationaldayisit.com/day/Chameleon/

I like this date - August 16th. It falls under the zodiac sign of Leo, the lion. The origin of the name chameleon is Greek, meaning ground lion. Plus, there’s really no holidays in August.
I am kind of a big fan of the Chameleon Forums making a Chameleon Day holiday though. I think that is appropriate. This site making our own holiday. Thanks Brad.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Hey! I'm Australian and I keep chameleons! 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom