Chameleon crazy person

Ahhh I cant talk to anyone about chameleons for that reason! I learn something new and they are literally like "that's cool...."
Right!!! I get so frustrated when I do not get enthusiastic responses. Like hello this is exciting shi*t! BE THRILLED I am giving you gems of cham knowledge. :hilarious:
But no. I get "oh ok" or a blank stare. Arg...

Right!!! I get so frustrated when I do not get enthusiastic responses. Like hello this is exciting shi*t! BE THRILLED I am giving you gems of cham knowledge. :hilarious:
They will thank you one day! Once their Chamelon is sick and they have improper husbandry from NOT listening to you! We mean well! 👍🏻

This is where you need an accomplice to come up to you and go, “OMG! You’re Beman from chameleon forum! OMG! Can I get your autograph? You saved my chameleon’s life!” :ROFLMAO: ;):ROFLMAO:

I was at a petland with the parents (like Canadian petco) and they had a rainbow Jackson’s. Couldn’t have been more than a month old, and it was super dark, sunken eyes, barely gripping the exo terra fake rubber vine. My mom asks a nearby employee why he’s so dark. Employee: “that’s ‘cause he’s blending in with the vine”.

No. Just no. On the way back, the whole family got an extensive lecture on what they were doing wrong (in short: everything
I hate when I go to a chain pet store and they aren't caring for their animals correct because then everyone around me gets and extensive lecture on how to PROPERLY take care of a chameleon

God, same!

Husb finally banned the main bug containers from kitchen counter, but I still keep a few bugs there.

I ALWAYS lose a fly or two when feeding. I get SO excited when I see one buzz by, I run to the entry window where they end up and proceed to catch them by hand. I must say I have gotten very proficient. I love the look of joy from the chams when there is an extra, unexpected fly in the afternoon!

The other day a small butterfly flew in, he was bouncing from one overhead light to another. Me on one chair and my cat on another were racing to see who could catch it first :)
Whaaaat?! You don't use chopsticks to catch the fly like in 'karate kid'?! Lol

This is where you need an accomplice to come up to you and go, “OMG! You’re Beman from chameleon forum! OMG! Can I get your autograph? You saved my chameleon’s life!” :ROFLMAO: ;):ROFLMAO:
Shoot I don’t even think I’m much but dang if some stranger in petco would have schooled me in Chams the day I bought Beman I would have been sooooo thrilled lol. Instead I got Stella and Walter who sold me a bunch of crap lol

I have learned not to talk about chameleons with anyone unless they are in the hobby. I just come off like a total know it all psycho. Even the local reptile store I go to, I found out that they all talk about how much I know and that it is kinda crazy. I spew out details and can't seem to stop myself. So now I just stay quiet. :rolleyes:
This is seriously the case near me too. The place we got Ivy from is relatively reputable. But everyone who works there is such a stick in the mud, and even moreso because I am a female trying to talk to them about my chameleon :cautious:

I think I've taken on some of Hyde's errr...charm... someone kept making flirty comments towards me and I wanted them to stop, so I went on and on about Hyde and her bugs (to put the nail in the coffin I mentioned out of the blue wanting to get more mantis eggs). The look I got...accomplished 🤣

I still think it was hilarious when I went into the post office and got my box labeled "live animals". The clerk says, "i don't even want to know" and i proceed to say "roaches, silkworms, horn worms, fly larvae, mantis ooths, and hornworms". The people around me all looked at me like
Excuse Me No GIF by Desus & Mero

I still think it was hilarious when I went into the post office and got my box labeled "live animals". The clerk says, "i don't even want to know" and i proceed to say "roaches, silkworms, horn worms, fly larvae, mantis ooths, and hornworms". The people around me all looked at me like

Oh yeah especially when you bring up roaches and larvae! 🤣

I was in a Petsmart and wandered by the lighting section. I stood and listened to a salesperson sell a $25 basking light to a couple of guys because one of their girlfriends needed it for her beardie. I was leaving and saw them in line with it, swung over and said, "sorry, couldn't help but overhear about the basking light. You can do the same thing with an incandescent light, just make sure your girlfriend has a thermometer to check the temps. It'll be about $5 at Lowe's. To his credit the guy looked at me and asked if I knew what I was talking about, so I pulled up my shirt sleeve to show my 1/2 sleeve tattoo on my arm of my cham and told him if I didn't know anything I wouldn't have this. He was thrilled, thanked me and I walked away feeling like a superhero ;)

I was in a Petsmart and wandered by the lighting section. I stood and listened to a salesperson sell a $25 basking light to a couple of guys because one of their girlfriends needed it for her beardie. I was leaving and saw them in line with it, swung over and said, "sorry, couldn't help but overhear about the basking light. You can do the same thing with an incandescent light, just make sure your girlfriend has a thermometer to check the temps. It'll be about $5 at Lowe's. To his credit the guy looked at me and asked if I knew what I was talking about, so I pulled up my shirt sleeve to show my 1/2 sleeve tattoo on my arm of my cham and told him if I didn't know anything I wouldn't have this. He was thrilled, thanked me and I walked away feeling like a superhero ;)
Love this story!

I had a similar reaction when I went to the FedEx hub to pick up my baby panther. They said, "Bugs, right?" and I said, "No, baby chameleon. OK if I open it here to make sure he's OK?"

That got them interested.

They said, "Sure, can we see him?" 😁

I now say "its just my little bug friends" I like the awkward stares :hilarious:

Back
Top Bottom