Chameleon crazy person

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
I have to admit that this really embarrassed me. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

This morning, I went to the grocery store called food lion here in the east. Guess what I saw??? Umbrella Plants! I think they were around $10. I would have bought them but I had already purchased ones at Home Depot for about $23. I was happy and annoyed at the same time since mine are delayed for arrival plus more expensive. So, once we reach inside, I proceed to tell a food lion associate how happy I am about their new umbrella plants. I swear she looked at me like my head was the size of a MOON. She had probably never even heard of an umbrella plant in her life and was so confused. "umbrella? oh, ok"

So, that's my story. Feel free to share yours!

I was at Home Depot a few weeks ago and saw a beautiful ponytail palm. Recently my husband told me no more plants because he hates the tiny flys that comes with my plants 🙄 men. As I’m standing there debating if I will get it or not I scream out loud “screw Steve, plants make me happy and that’s more important” everyone in the garden area looked at me like wtf???

I ended up naming the plant Fred

Hahaha! Thanks so funny. So I buy my chams food from like petco and Petsmart. I’m not the biggest fan of them but there the only place I can get my chams food from cheap. One day I was at petco and they keep to chams in one small tank( I’m not very happy about that!) and they had Jackson chameleons there and one was asleep and it was 2:00 so I was like umm I think you Jackson chameleon might be sick. And the worker looked at me like who are you and just said K. It made me so mad! Sorry if this is long not the best at telling stories! Haha

I was at a petland with the parents (like Canadian petco) and they had a rainbow Jackson’s. Couldn’t have been more than a month old, and it was super dark, sunken eyes, barely gripping the exo terra fake rubber vine. My mom asks a nearby employee why he’s so dark. Employee: “that’s ‘cause he’s blending in with the vine”.

No. Just no. On the way back, the whole family got an extensive lecture on what they were doing wrong (in short: everything)

Hahaha! Thanks so funny. So I buy my chams food from like petco and Petsmart. I’m not the biggest fan of them but there the only place I can get my chams food from cheap. One day I was at petco and they keep to chams in one small tank( I’m not very happy about that!) and they had Jackson chameleons there and one was asleep and it was 2:00 so I was like umm I think you Jackson chameleon might be sick. And the worker looked at me like who are you and just said K. It made me so mad! Sorry if this is long not the best at telling stories! Haha
NO! That is so maddening! I wish they would be educated!

I was at a petland with the parents (like Canadian petco) and they had a rainbow Jackson’s. Couldn’t have been more than a month old, and it was super dark, sunken eyes, barely gripping the exo terra fake rubber vine. My mom asks a nearby employee why he’s so dark. Employee: “that’s ‘cause he’s blending in with the vine”.

No. Just no. On the way back, the whole family got an extensive lecture on what they were doing wrong (in short: everything)
So sad. Makes me so mad 😭😭😭😭

Order your feeders. They are cheaper and cleaner....

I have learned not to talk about chameleons with anyone unless they are in the hobby. I just come off like a total know it all psycho. Even the local reptile store I go to, I found out that they all talk about how much I know and that it is kinda crazy. I spew out details and can't seem to stop myself. So now I just stay quiet. :rolleyes:

I haven’t taken any action, but I really want to. There’s a house on the corner in my neighborhood that it’s very visible thru their window they have a reptile tank. I see it every time I’m at the stop sign. Often they leave their lights on thru the better part of the night. I so want to knock on their door and ask them what they have in the tank, tell them to put their lights on a timer and offer to share some feeder roaches with them (provided it’s a bug eater).

I have learned not to talk about chameleons with anyone unless they are in the hobby. I just come off like a total know it all psycho. Even the local reptile store I go to, I found out that they all talk about how much I know and that it is kinda crazy. I spew out details and can't seem to stop myself. So now I just stay quiet. :rolleyes:
That's the way I am also. I don't say anything unless asked and then keep it short.😨

I haven’t taken any action, but I really want to. There’s a house on the corner in my neighborhood that it’s very visible thru their window they have a reptile tank. I see it every time I’m at the stop sign. Often they leave their lights on thru the better part of the night. I so want to knock on their door and ask them what they have in the tank, tell them to put their lights on a timer and offer to share some feeder roaches with them (provided it’s a bug eater).
I would want to do that too!

That's the way I am also. I don't say anything unless asked and then keep it short.😨
I have a hard time keeping it short... If I run into someone in a pet store I give them the forum site info and chameleon academy site info. And I peel myself away or I get crazy looks from the people that work there :LOL:

Sooooo....none of this involves the public; just my private craziness but, in the mornings, I prepare my nutribullet and feed my bugs too. Typically, I have all my fruits and veggies out for my smoothie, and some bug containers on the counter as well. Some people may find that unappetizing :ROFLMAO: promise I am sanitary about it!

I recently bought a lot of different flies and larvae... well... many of the flies escaped... so I now have two “fly catchin’ jars” in the apartment and go about my days collecting flies when they come around. I ain’t gonna waste a single penny!!! I tell the flies that too. Boyfriend is super pissed about the flies lol

this-is-why-0rd5p7.jpg

Sooooo....none of this involves the public; just my private craziness but, in the mornings, I prepare my nutribullet and feed my bugs too. Typically, I have all my fruits and veggies out for my smoothie, and some bug containers on the counter as well. Some people may find that unappetizing :ROFLMAO: promise I am sanitary about it!

I recently bought a lot of different flies and larvae... well... many of the flies escaped... so I now have two “fly catchin’ jars” in the apartment and go about my days collecting flies when they come around. I ain’t gonna waste a single penny!!! I tell the flies that too. Boyfriend is super pissed about the flies lol
God, same!

Husb finally banned the main bug containers from kitchen counter, but I still keep a few bugs there.

I ALWAYS lose a fly or two when feeding. I get SO excited when I see one buzz by, I run to the entry window where they end up and proceed to catch them by hand. I must say I have gotten very proficient. I love the look of joy from the chams when there is an extra, unexpected fly in the afternoon!

The other day a small butterfly flew in, he was bouncing from one overhead light to another. Me on one chair and my cat on another were racing to see who could catch it first :)

God, same!

Husb finally banned the main bug containers from kitchen counter, but I still keep a few bugs there.

I ALWAYS lose a fly or two when feeding. I get SO excited when I see one buzz by, I run to the entry window where they end up and proceed to catch them by hand. I must say I have gotten very proficient. I love the look of joy from the chams when there is an extra, unexpected fly in the afternoon!

The other day a small butterfly flew in, he was bouncing from one overhead light to another. Me on one chair and my cat on another were racing to see who could catch it first :)
Omg, identical, seriously - I’m embarrassingly proud of my fly catching skills.
Each time I see one I think about when he was sitting on the couch and said, “damnit Alyssa, there’s too many flies in here!” .......as one landed on his foot and one on his hat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

turn off all the lights in house but one
flies will flock to light source
or open door and catch them off screen door when you have escapees

now its warm out take shredded news paper and rotten nanner and place in a container nanner under shredded wet newspaper
you will get several flies and start a new colony of fruit flies . fruit flies like the wet newspaper

try placing a container it in a small screen portable cage with door open
get a few flies close door and you have them trapped

to many fruit flies
need to kill some off
take a glass mason jar
with small chunk of nanner in bottom and pour some laundry detergent in jar
fruit flies get stuck in soap

ok so I am a bug nutter
to catch roaches
put small chunk of nanner in bottom of glass jar
take bacon grease and smear around inside lip of jar about 2 inches down
bacon grease and nanner are smells they love
bugs can crawl in jar but can not crawl back out cause bacon grease to slippery on the glass

just be careful if there have been pesticides sprayed
where ever you try and catch theese bugs from

Ahhh I cant talk to anyone about chameleons for that reason! I learn something new and they are literally like "that's cool...."

Back
Top Bottom