Chameleon colors?

TRMHAAS

I got my veiled 2 days ago and have noticed that he has been completely grey ever since hes been put in his new home. He was green when we bought him so i’m not sure what the issue is.

He has been basking quite a lot with his dark colors so I figured this was just him trying to warm up, but the temperatures where he basks is about 95 degrees, which I have been told is too hot for a juvenile. He basks most of the day and only shows hints of green when I feed him.

I have only handled him once to redirect him from the door.

Could this be stress that will eventually wear off, or do I need to start looking into a visit to the vet?

Attachments

• 1B66010B-26DB-4146-AA59-AD82EA6758A7.jpeg
    1B66010B-26DB-4146-AA59-AD82EA6758A7.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 2AC3DC0E-8FAC-4AD5-9E99-E78B522595D1.jpeg
    2AC3DC0E-8FAC-4AD5-9E99-E78B522595D1.jpeg
    259 KB · Views: 59
As for the colors being grey I’m not sure. Have you attempted to lift the basking light or change to a lower wattage? As you said, that is definitely too high for a juvenile. I don’t know if someone had said this already but I would get the netting out. It can get their fingernails caught.

As for the colors being grey I’m not sure. Have you attempted to lift the basking light or change to a lower wattage? As you said, that is definitely too high for a juvenile. I don’t know if someone had said this already but I would get the netting out. It can get their fingernails caught.
I have been told about the hammock. I’m planning on moving it into my beardies enclosure asap. As for the light, I got the lowest wattage available (50w) and its still too hot. I will work on trying to suspend the light and see how that works.

Since you barely got him 2 days ago chances are that this is just him being stressed out about being in a new home. Which is normal and goes away after they get comfy to their new home. Chameleons take a few days to get used to their new home, my guy took like a week and a half to get used to his new home.

Since you barely got him 2 days ago chances are that this is just him being stressed out about being in a new home. Which is normal and goes away after they get comfy to their new home. Chameleons take a few days to get used to their new home, my guy took like a week and a half to get used to his new home.
Thats a relief lol. I thought I was doing something horribly wrong.

I have been told about the hammock. I’m planning on moving it into my beardies enclosure asap. As for the light, I got the lowest wattage available (50w) and its still too hot. I will work on trying to suspend the light and see how that works.
I hang mine from the ceiling. I just bought a herpstat 1 last night for this and I’m super excited!

Back
Top Bottom