Chameleon Color

Im not quite sure why, but my female veiled randomly turns a grey color with stripes. Any reason as to why?

Attachments

• 34E00B76-20FE-4CE2-8B1C-1E3BC1638941.jpeg
    34E00B76-20FE-4CE2-8B1C-1E3BC1638941.jpeg
    263.5 KB · Views: 111
Stress !. Could you please fill this out . As Precise as possible and add pictures of her and enclosure please . It will be helpful to other keepers looking at this thread .

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/
Your chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, Female, age not sure. Been in my care for 3 weeks

Handling: Only handled when I absolutely have to

Feeding: 12-15 small crickets in the morning now onto large crickets

Supplements: Rep Cal Calcium with D3 every 2 weeks, Repti Calcium without D3 every feeding and Multivitamin every 2 weeks

Watering: Mistking set for every 2 hours, 1 minute sprays

Fecal Description: Solid dark brown. Has not been tested for parasites
History: Was bought from Petco

Cage Info:

Cage Type: Screen enclosure measuring 16x16x30

Lighting: ZooMed double bulb fixture. 75W basking bulb and UVB bulb. 12 hours of UVB and basking light and shut everything off when I go to sleep.

Temperature: The cage stays at about 80 degrees out of the basking spot and around 86 in the basking spot. Overnight can get to about 72 degrees

Humidity: This is something that I have been struggling with. I recently learned about covering the sides and will give it a try. Humidity is really low currently sits at 50%
Plants: Dwarf Umbrella Plant
Placement: In my bedroom where the is a ceiling fan and my air vent is located 7 feet away from the cage. The top of the cage is about 5/12 feet from the floor

Attachments

• 08A09A1B-B8EA-429B-93A4-DCC8A599D3C7.jpeg
    08A09A1B-B8EA-429B-93A4-DCC8A599D3C7.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 121
Your chameleon: Veiled Chameleon, Female, age not sure. Been in my care for 3 weeks

* Could you please post pics of her hind feet heals .

Handling: Only handled when I absolutely have to

Feeding: 12-15 small crickets in the morning now onto large crickets

* you can add roaches if you. An get them , silks worms , supers but only as a treat , and horn worms .

Supplements: Rep Cal Calcium with D3 every 2 weeks, Repti Calcium without D3 every feeding and Multivitamin every 2 weeks

* looks good , repaahy are great products.

Watering: Mistking set for every 2 hours, 1 minute sprays

* Good .

Fecal Description: Solid dark brown. Has not been tested for parasites
History: Was bought from Petco

* Good , I would get a fecal done .

Cage Info:

Cage Type: Screen enclosure measuring 16x16x30

* fine for now but will need an upgrade .

Lighting: ZooMed double bulb fixture. 75W basking bulb and UVB bulb. 12 hours of UVB and basking light and shut everything off when I go to sleep.

* will need an upgrade . This is what I recommend . They need replacing once a year . T5 Arcadia 12% uvb . You can get a quad set up That would hold basking , uvb , and plant . Or go separate. You want your uvb to cover length of you condo .

Temperature: The cage stays at about 80 degrees out of the basking spot and around 86 in the basking spot. Overnight can get to about 72 degrees

* you want lower 80s for females . Higher temps will produce big clutches . Big clutches more medical issues . Females lay eggs with or with out a male . Females with unfertile eggs are more likely to become egg bound . This condition is fatal .

Humidity: This is something that I have been struggling with. I recently learned about covering the sides and will give it a try. Humidity is really low currently sits at 50%

* great .

Plants: Dwarf Umbrella Plant
Placement: In my bedroom where the is a ceiling fan and my air vent is located 7 feet away from the cage. The top of the cage is about 5/12 feet from the floor

* All the plants need to be up higher . This could be part of the stress . You can run a Rod or wood then hang your plants nothing need to be on the bottom bit a lay bin . She needs to be able to get in and out freely .

* This might be helpful for setting up her bin . If you have not seen it .
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/ .

Attachments

• 6C87726D-9611-4553-9A98-4E2CB1072928.png
    6C87726D-9611-4553-9A98-4E2CB1072928.png
    321 KB · Views: 55
@Charliefoxtrot98 I didn't want to sound critical when I first saw this. But @Graves923 is completely right! You need to utilize every inch of the enclosure so the Cham can thermoregulate and find suitable areas to perch and hang out based on light and humidity. They are arboreal and want to climb up high and bask, since the lights and heat are on the top you'll need some branches and vines up high. Climbing on the screen is a sign your lacking "avenues" or "highways" for your chameleon to get around on

It needs to be so thick that you have a hard time finding the baby . Everything needs to be moved up as other and I have suggested . The baby needs to be higher then your eye level . Lots and lots of walking spaces with in the cover .

Back
Top Bottom