Chameleon Christmas Presents!

ChamGirl277

Established Member
Anyone else thinking of getting their Cham a christmas present? I want to treat him with something, but I don’t know what to do. A new plant? A special insect (that’s not harmful obviously)? Any other ideas?

Anyone else thinking of getting their Cham a christmas present? I want to treat him with something, but I don’t know what to do. A new plant? A special insect (that’s not harmful obviously)? Any other ideas?
Im thinking of getting mine some sort of climbing bridge or another new fun element for her enclosure. My cham is super active and loves to climb around, so I think she would like something to help her do that more. I would say if yurs is more of a foodie I know mine loves hornworms as a treat!

Lol good question my sis in law says we always get your dogs what can we get your cham an turtle. I said a male ambilobe don't think that's happening lol so silkworms or a new branch cham Highway61 route. I just added another branch into her tank last week and she was straight on it to see where it would lead 😄

I just bought silkworms and everyone got a new branch for their free range.

6B26E121-8C88-40CD-8022-3A35BE63B215.jpeg

I saw a really nice plant today a prayer plant. Also after seeing plants quoted as producing co2 during the day I wondered what plants produce this at night a couple are orchids and acea palm
Cool! I am not sure if you can put them in a chameleon enclosure though. I am going to get another pothos or umbrella plant. my enclosure is 100% pothos because it's all I can find at stores.

On the topic of superworms, I’ve heard if you don’t crush their head they can still be alive and eat your animal from the inside out. I heard this from someone at Petco, so not entirely trustworthy. Can they really do that?

I am going to get him a hammock/branches with vines frokm amazon for him to climb on. I saw a video where this girl had a hamock thing for her chameleon and he had loved it.

On the topic of superworms, I’ve heard if you don’t crush their head they can still be alive and eat your animal from the inside out. I heard this from someone at Petco, so not entirely trustworthy. Can they really do that?

I'm "dubias". :ROFLMAO:

This is the first I've heard of this, so I just did a little research.
Conclusion: It has all the earmarks of an urban myth.
  • It's a narrative (a story).
  • It's of spontaneous (or indeterminate) origin.
  • It's likely to take the form of a cautionary tale.
  • It's alleged to be true though its veracity is unproven.
  • It's marginally plausible.
  • It's likely to be attributed to a putatively trustworthy secondhand source (e.g., "a friend of a friend," "my boss's wife," "my sister's accountant," etc.).
  • It circulates by being passed from individual to individual, orally or in writing.
  • It varies in the telling.
https://www.liveabout.com/what-is-an-urban-legend-3298271
By all means feel free to verify.

My beardie has been eating supers for most of his life. The only problem he's had with them is becoming "addicted," turning down other feeders, and holding out for days for "the good stuff". :p

I think there's a greater chance of a chameleon dying of heart disease from eating superworms (from the high fat content) than of being eaten from the inside.

I'm "dubias". :ROFLMAO:

This is the first I've heard of this, so I just did a little research.
Conclusion: It has all the earmarks of an urban myth.

By all means feel free to verify.

My beardie has been eating supers for most of his life. The only problem he's had with them is becoming "addicted," turning down other feeders, and holding out for days for "the good stuff". :p

I think there's a greater chance of a chameleon dying of heart disease from eating superworms (from the high fat content) than of being eaten from the inside.
Thanks so much for researching it! Now I can tell my mom that Picasso can have them without her having fear of him being eaten!
Have a wonderful Christmahannukwanzadan!

Back
Top Bottom