Chameleon Chemistry

Hi! For my chemistry class I am doing a presentation on how chameleons colors change (due jan 7). If any of you have helpful websites or just general knowledge on this topic I would love to hear it!
Thanks,
-Anna
You’ve been given lots of helpful comments. Here’s an unhelpful one just for balance: colour for chameleons may be very different than color for us. They can see more of the light spectrum than we can. I have no doubt that chameleons think we’re very silly calling them red or yellow or green. They use entirely different adjectives and think us humans are all colourblind.

They told you that, did they? :unsure:
Maybe, but I’ll emphatically deny all allegations of you’re thinking of having me committed. Seriously, though, C.L. Hardin, “Color for Philosphers” left no turn unstoned with regards to theories of colour. Basically, you have to either accept color properties are sui generus, or else abandon color realism. Opponent process theory, surface reflectance profiles, color relationalism—they all collapse. I suppose you could be an adverbialist, and say “that’s red” means “I’m appeared to redly”, but it’s still a relational view. Enough verbal diarrhea from me, sorry. I just get a kick out of some online chats arguing about eg color properties of pardalis. People get real heated over a set of properties whose identification is highly dubious.

Maybe, but I’ll emphatically deny all allegations of you’re thinking of having me committed. Seriously, though, C.L. Hardin, “Color for Philosphers” left no turn unstoned with regards to theories of colour. Basically, you have to either accept color properties are sui generus, or else abandon color realism. Opponent process theory, surface reflectance profiles, color relationalism—they all collapse. I suppose you could be an adverbialist, and say “that’s red” means “I’m appeared to redly”, but it’s still a relational view. Enough verbal diarrhea from me, sorry. I just get a kick out of some online chats arguing about eg color properties of pardalis. People get real heated over a set of properties whose identification is highly dubious.
Your WHAT hurts? :unsure: :eek:

Back
Top Bottom