Chameleon check list!

The Dragonstrand drainage tray is the best I’ve used as well. I’ve rigged up other solutions, but they’re not nearly as simple and effective. I put a bulkhead through the bottom that drains into a old 10 gallon tank

The Dragonstrand drainage tray is the best I’ve used as well. I’ve rigged up other solutions, but they’re not nearly as simple and effective. I put a bulkhead through the bottom that drains into a old 10 gallon tank
I want so badly to do this but I need to build new stands that will accommodate it. Right now I am wet vacuuming every other day and I hate it. My gravity drains worked for the first 2 weeks then kept stopping. So I sealed them up and gave up. lol

I want so badly to do this but I need to build new stands that will accommodate it. Right now I am wet vacuuming every other day and I hate it. My gravity drains worked for the first 2 weeks then kept stopping. So I sealed them up and gave up. lol
It’s nice to not have to pay much attention to the drainage reservoir. My mistking reservoir is 5 gallons, so my tank could catch all of the water if it somehow emptied itself into the enclosure

It’s nice to not have to pay much attention to the drainage reservoir. My mistking reservoir is 5 gallons, so my tank could catch all of the water if it somehow emptied itself into the enclosure
I am jealous...

Can you send a photo of the bulkhead that you are referring to that you placed in the drain pan? I am likely purchasing a Dragon Strand cage and want to make sure the drainage system really works well

I am also setting up a new cage as a fairly new Cham owner. I am pretty settled that the 2x2x4 size is going to be the direction I go. Can any of you recommend the best brands. I am convinced that they Dragon Ledges are the way to go, just wanted to hear if you all think I should go with that brand enclosure also or get a different enclosure and add on the Ledges?

Can you send a photo of the bulkhead that you are referring to that you placed in the drain pan? I am likely purchasing a Dragon Strand cage and want to make sure the drainage system really works well
This is the bulkhead I used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002DKANM/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_track_package_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This does require putting a hole in the bottom of the pan that can’t really ever be changed or plugged, this is definitely a consideration before you put one in your pan. I like it, and it’s worked well for me

i already have
- TH50 liner uvb bulb (and holder)
I assume that's a T5 HO linear UVB? Most people get the 5.0 or 6% strength.
Be sure to check that the reflector has been installed properly, or it won't reflect as it should.
https://www.docdroid.net/rzaxveu/an-issue-with-sunblaster-t5-ho-reflectors-pdf

what else should i get or not get?
Solarmeter 6.5 UVB meter. This will eliminate any guesswork about when to replace a UVB bulb, what distance it should be above basking perch, etc.

I assume that's a T5 HO linear UVB? Most people get the 5.0 or 6% strength.
Be sure to check that the reflector has been installed properly, or it won't reflect as it should.
https://www.docdroid.net/rzaxveu/an-issue-with-sunblaster-t5-ho-reflectors-pdf

Solarmeter 6.5 UVB meter. This will eliminate any guesswork about when to replace a UVB bulb, what distance it should be above basking perch, etc.
I second the solarmeter 6.5

my over 6 month old Reptisun 5.0 is glad I have it since it hasn’t degraded in UVI output yet and would have otherwise been replaced unnecessarily following the replace reptisun 5.0 every six months recommendations

I second the solarmeter 6.5

my over 6 month old Reptisun 5.0 is glad I have it since it hasn’t degraded in UVI output yet and would have otherwise been replaced unnecessarily following the replace reptisun 5.0 every six months recommendations
I have a Reptisun 10.0 over my beardie that's going on 14 months, and as good as day 1.
The Reptisun T5s are all warrantied for 1 year. My understanding since before signing up here has been that T8s need to be replaced after 6 mo., but T5s are ALL good for 1 year, from either major mfr.
There have been unsubstantiated rumors that they are even made in the same factory, but all I've been able to ascertain is that both are made in Germany.

The T5 fixtures, however, ARE all made by the same company—See: https://www.docdroid.net/rzaxveu/an-issue-with-sunblaster-t5-ho-reflectors-pdf (page 7)

Back
Top Bottom