Chameleon + Centipede = ?

ndalal

Is it okay to feed my veiled centipedes? Now that its practically winter here, they seem to be coming into the house and occasionally ill find a couple running up a wall. this is what they look like
House_centipede.jpg

Centipedes are predators. They have a pair of maxilliped witch holds a pair of poison fangs. I dont no if you have ever been bitten by one, but I have heard that it is extremely painful. If you want to see, pick one up and see, it would be a good learning experience. I do believe that there is a chance that it could bite your cham, and poison him and either killing him or making him very very uncomfortable. I dont no if they are toxic or not but the chances of them biting your cham, and the stress of all the pain is not worth a free meal to me.

I have seen videos of chams eating large Millipedes, but these are herbivores, so no poison with them.

I would avoid feeding those centipedes.
Centipedes can kill a lizard (depending on the species).
cintipede_06.jpg

Those things can bite it feels like a minor bee sting to humans. Based on that, I wouldn't recommend it.

Ugh why did I click on this thread? I hate those things, they're so gross. Just the ones from the first picture though, the other kind with the small legs doesn't bother me. But those household centipedes that come up out of your drain are so scary :eek:

Back
Top Bottom