Chameleon Care Ethics

im so sorry to hear of your family issues Steve :( my grandma is also suffering from parkinsons and its really difficult to have to sit by and watch without being able to help much, im very sorry and i know how it feels! :( :( i hope your grandmother's hip surgery goes well and her recovery is speedy!!!
as for the cham, glad to hear he is doing better and they will let you know when he is healed up.. the family is much more important at this point though so its great you have time to spend with them, make every minute count :)

ya. Its really hard since my grandma tries to care for my grandpa, but since now she needs surgery they both need to go into homes and it just gets complicated. Anyways... the caham is doing much better.... and like you said family is more important! I would definetely let this guy pass on than ignore my family. Its just hard to care for my grandpa. my grandma is as sharp as a knife, but he has been a handful for many years....

that is a really difficult situation.. parkinsons really tears a person down and as you said it takes a lot of work to care for someone suffering from it. i hope the transition to homes goes well. its great that you are able to be here for them during this, that is something to be thankful for!

my grandma always jokes saying," Stevie! Im not in the obituaries!" I always roll my eyes.... I always feel thankful that my grandparents are still around. My dad's parents passed before I was even born. My grandma is happy for the help. and i am happy to help...

Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I've had information about this... So last week I went into Petco, and I always go look at this guy to make sure he was doing fine.... And do you know what suprized me? AN EMPTY CAGE! I had no idea what had happened, but because I was the probably the most knowing person that asked about the cham, I have to suspect he passed... The employees at Petco that they had my name and #, so I guess he went on to another place.... Even though it seemed like he was getting better, I could always see the pain in his eyes....

Unfortunately, it happens A LOT. I used to work at Petco and we would find boxes of kittens just dumped in front of our door. Once we found kittens in a trash can near our door. I've seen dogs, turtles, snakes, rabbits left in front of the store. It's really heartbreaking. I fostered a lot of kittens because of this.

Depending on the space and resources available at the store, Petco can/may take in animals that need a new home. Petco will then adopt it out (not sell it).

awh..... im sad to hear this.. i was hoping he would recover. poor guy. at the very least you helped inform workers there about the proper care of chameleons and maybe it will help others in the future..

Lots of people do this. They drop animals around our store because they can't take care of them. They even do this during the cold Minnesota winters. Some people just don't care. They buy a living thing just because it looks cool then after a week or so start to neglect it and are on to something else.

Back
Top Bottom