Chameleon Bookstore

Howdy,

Anyone know the differences between the 3rd and 4th edition of the: "Thoughts for Food" CiN publication edited by Ardith Abate"? The 3rd addition's last page number stamped is 49. My 3rd edition is dated 2002 and I see that the 4th edition is listed here on the Bookstore site.

I am not sure what changes were made in the new edition; I don't have a previous version to compare to. The 4th edition's last page is numbered 45.

Hey, guess I missed the Bookstore until now and just wanted to say that I highly recommend the dvd. It's got footage from all over the island, multiple locations of our faves like pardalis and parsonii, parsonii breeding behavior, as it says 28 species....
Pick it up, you'll be glad you did!

I think the bookstore is a great way to support the forum. Nice selection of books, Brad. Can't wait until you get a few more! (Ones that I don't own, please.. )

Brad,
Maybe you could also make an e-book of all the best advice given on these forums. If it is organized really good and cheap, I bet alot of new members would buy it. It would be a great beginners guide for all the new chameleon owners on the forum. I know that when I first joined the forum, I spent many hours searching the threads just to get the basics down. If all the begginer questions were answered in the e-book, it will save tons of time for a first time owner. Especially if they need to get key advice in the middle of the night before making any mistakes. (ex. buying a waterfall). It will also slow down some of the redundant beginner questions that we see with alot of the new members. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to help any new members, but the same questions keep getting posted. It would be cheap, fast, and good advice. Just something to think about.

This looks interesting!

Is there any chance that books can be shipped to Sweden? If the books isnt avalible i here in the cold north :)

Brad,
Maybe you could also make an e-book of all the best advice given on these forums. If it is organized really good and cheap, I bet alot of new members would buy it. It would be a great beginners guide for all the new chameleon owners on the forum. I know that when I first joined the forum, I spent many hours searching the threads just to get the basics down. If all the begginer questions were answered in the e-book, it will save tons of time for a first time owner. Especially if they need to get key advice in the middle of the night before making any mistakes. (ex. buying a waterfall). It will also slow down some of the redundant beginner questions that we see with alot of the new members. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to help any new members, but the same questions keep getting posted. It would be cheap, fast, and good advice. Just something to think about.

I would like to provide all the information you suggested, but in a free and open format. I finally realized recently that I can't do all of this myself, so I will be looking for people to help direct specific areas soon. General faqs for people new to chameleons is definitely on the list. Thanks for the suggestions :)

This looks interesting!

Is there any chance that books can be shipped to Sweden? If the books isnt avalible i here in the cold north :)
Books and dvds can be shipped to Sweden. Shipping costs will be more expensive of course. I will have automated ordering options soon, but until then you will need to send me a pm or email.

There is a link in the first post of this thread. It will be accessible from the home page soon.

New Book Announcement

Chameleons in the Garden
Being Jackson's, Doing What Jackson's Do

Chameleons in the Garden is a beautiful coffee-table hardback covering jackson's in the hawaiian wild. This is not a book on captive husbandry; instead this is first-hand material collected by the author / photographer over a five year period of careful observations and discoveries. Novices and experts both will enjoy this rare opportunity to explore the world of the hawaiian jackson's chameleon.

jacksons_garden.jpg jacksons_garden_s.jpg jacksons_garden_b.jpg

If anyone still cares, I am pretty sure I have both of those versions of the "Thoughts for Food" packet, and I'll look at what the differences are tonight.

Nevermind, I have the 2nd and 3rd Editions....

Last edited:
Christmas Shipping

Monday 12PM CST
Monday afternoon is the deadline for bookstore delivery by December 24 (usa only). Shoppers should complete their order by 12PM CST Monday and choose priority mail.

Back
Top Bottom