Chameleon blue tongue

Hi guys, soo first off my little dumbo decided to eat a large piece of fake fern the other day -_- I tried to pull it out of his mouth and just about pulled him off his basking spot, he refused to let go and as soon as i did he gobbled the rest of it down. I of course freaked out but after reading a bit decided to pay special attention to his water intake and wait to see if he passes it, figuring if he didnt within the next couple of days itd be to the vet for him. Well hes pooped twice since then both which looked like little gift-wrapped fern poops xD his urates arent looking so hot though despite misting like 6 or 7 times a day with a dripper so i think its probably dehydrating him. However, I was just hand feeding my baby boy this morning and realized he had a blue stripe down his tongue? Never seen it before his tongue has always been a mix of pink, with gray at the tip and maybe a slight green tinge. The rest of it still is normal colors. Do you think its from some sort of damage while eating the fern, or caused by something entirely different? Havent been able to find anything on their tongues being blue, and everything on infection is white or yellow substance, swelling, inability to extend tongue fully, etc. None of those are present, hes shooting fine, literally everything else about his mouth appears healthy.
K i know this is all out of order, going by memory lol.
Hes a male yemen, about 7 or 8 months at the most, I've had him for 6. I know his cage is a bit small, hes getting the full upgrade here in a few weeks but right now hes in a 16×16×36 open air cage. He has a bromeliad in his cage and soon will have a ficus that im just letting any fertilizer chemicals flush right now, and fake ivys in his cage(i took the fake fern out and have been watching, he doesnt seem interested in the others). There are however five more plants outside and around his enclosure to boost air quality and hes housed infront of a window. A procare cool mist humidifier for about 30 mins a day, effects his temps too much to keep on all the time and he gets pissy about... the wind i guess? Lol. Aswell as a handmade drip system that lasts almooost until his lights turn off but not quite. Usually i mist twice a day aswell, since the fern thing and ive been home sick anyways ive been misting a crapton to flush it out. Usually his humidity stays at a steady 80-85%, right now its 92%. He has a mercury vapor from 8am-8pm ambient temps between 75-85° depending, his basking spot stays above 90° except when i turn his humidifier on or open the window to give him fresh air. I live in portland so temps really arent ideal for opening the window a ton. He gets crickets, dusted, trying to move him to dubias, i just started a colony, my gecko loves em but he knocks over the cup half the time -_-, superworms two or three times a week with his salads and i hand feed worms that i rotate. I get phoenix worms most often, silk, butterworms, wax only if i have to lol. I try to hand feed at least once a week, no more than three especially if i have the fatty worms. I use the zoomed supplements, calcium w/o every feeding calcium w/ twice a month and reptivite twice a month.

That may be? Ive never seen it before though, not so prominent at least. Is there anything that would make the vein swell? Ill see if i can get pictures but hes pretty camera shy so getting him to shoot with the camera on him may be a challenge.

When my cham aims at her target, she sticks the tip of her tongue out for a second. It does look blue for an instant, but that is because all of the veins in the tongue are gathered up in one place. Is this what you were seeing?

Yeah I've seen that aswell. This is being seen when the tongue is extended. And i often see the veins while extended but never as prominent. Perhaps i am just overreacting but perhaps i will simply call a vet and ask tomorrow if no one knows of anything of the sort.

Back
Top Bottom