Chameleon being picky?

Harley510

Established Member
So i’ve fed my adult female veiled all sizes of horn worms, mealworms, wax worms, super worms, wax worworms, locusts, bsfl, silk worms and even collard greens . ( Crickets obviously being the staple in her diet ) Yet she absolutely refuses the dubias I have. Are they too small perhaps? ( i have the same issue with my leopard geckos and my frog ) I’ve tried tong feeding and hand feeding she shows no interest. Should i wait till they get larger ?

( i’ve even put a deli cup with 5 in there to let the princess choose which roach is worthy of her time and she just sat there looking at me and the cup )

Some Chams just don't like roaches. Or at least a type of roach, you can try other kinds, or just give up on roaches.

Starve her out. I had to do that to my male to make him eat roaches, on day three she will gladly take them

I feed her 10 crickets every other day and an occasional super worm or two so i’m not over feeding her she’s just being picky i think. But i do need a healthy way to slim her down

I feed her 10 crickets every other day and an occasional super worm or two so i’m not over feeding her she’s just being picky i think. But i do need a healthy way to slim her down
I’m not saying you over feed her. I’m saying if you want her to eat roaches you need to cut all feeders for 3 days and offer only dubias for at least a month then she will take roaches.

Back
Top Bottom